Cheated after 7 years. What now? (Long post)?

I've been in a relationship with this guy for 7 years. It always felt like I was more invested in the relationship than he was. I was that "good woman" who was always there for him.

Two weeks ago I found out he cheated on me with a girl he met at a friends party a year ago. They had a one night stand.

When I found out I packed my stuff and left. For two days after that he begged me to forgive him and said he would do anything to make me forget. After two days he just stopped contacting me. After ten days I contacted him because I was so upset and confused about him not making an efort to work things out.

He said he knew I was going to call him and he was waiting for that but than he said he didn't call because he knows nothing will be the same and he is trying to move on.

That was a week ago and I didn't call him after that. I do wan't to forgive him and try to work things out but we can't do that if he doesn't make an effort.

I've invested so much time and energy in this relationship and I don't wan't it to end like this but I don't wan't to be the one contacting him again either.

I'm lost and don't know what to do at this point. It feels like he doesn't care at all.

Sorry for the long text.
2
1