I don't feel like I can confide in my fiance to keep personal information between us. Did I make the right decision?

I'm engaged to be married in 6 months. I thought that i could literally trust my fiance with any and everything. There were two subjects that are very important to me and i told him not to share this information with anyone, including his mother. Some back story. His mother and i have had our differences and we recently worked them out via a long conversation that she, my fiance and I had several months ago. My fiance asked that i didn't share that i had this conversation with anyone close to me because basically it's no one elses' business. And he stressed that i don't tell anyone so i didn't. So recently I had surgery and I didn't want anyone to know, only those very close to me, which includes my fiance. But, he told his mom that i was having surgery -- he didn't tell her what type of sugery, but he still told her. When he told me that he told her, i got really annoyed, but his defense was that he didn't tell her what is was four and he was sorry. So i'm planning to make a major decision in my life soon, that i didn't want him to share this information with anyone, including his mother. So i saw his mom the other day and she made a comment that triggered me to ask my fiance if he told her about the subject that i specially asked him not to say anything about, and he told me he did. His defense was that he wasn't going to tell her when i actually made the decision and that he was sorry. I got so mad to the point where i told him that i can't trust him, which is how i feel. And he's very manipulative, so as soon as I said that I can't trust to tell him things anymore, he just made me feel guilty by saying "ohhh you can't trust me. you're not going to tell me things. oh, alright". Then today he said if i can't trust him why are we getting married, and i told him he was right and maybe we shouldn't move forward. Am i wrong at all in this situation?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You can't be with him if you don't trust hin