Why did my ex delete me off everything?

My ex and I had a fight yesterday and broke up. He deleted me off everything immediately; Instagram, Facebook and even went as petty as Snapchat! I noticed with his other exes even if they didn't end on great terms he didn't delete them and still likes their pics on Instagram sometimes. Does this mean he literally hates me? I can understand unfollowing on Instagram because you don't want to be reminded of them but snapchat really? You can literally avoid their stories you don't have to delete them. I was hoping to be civil with him after the breakup but apparently not.

1321

What Guys Said 21

• It could he that he hates you. It could also be that he still has feelings for you and hates the fact that your relationship didn't work so he is attempting to delete you from his life so he can get over you and move on

• You know, social media is a big deal for young people so this doesn't surprise me. I don't believe in blocking or deleting but the fact is that breakups can be really hard and if deleting you off social media makes it easier for him, then so be it. Let him mourn in his own way and move on. Maybe you two can be civil in the future, but right now it's obviously not possible for him.

• Oh girl he deleted you off snap! Oh no he di'int. He gone too far. Girl, that selfish muthafuqua is gon' get a whole worl'of hurt
    cdn-images-1.medium.com/.../...rWvt8q1sCxru2w.jpeg

• I'm assuming your a female. Firstly if it's a guy whose your ex then guys tend to be terrible with emotions and will overreact. He doesn't hate you he needs time to cool off. Allow some space then go and speak to him or wait till he approaches you. Keep yourself busy otherwise your going to drain yourself thinking about what if, should I etc..

Take it easy yeah

• Because he's your ex. He obviously does not want to have anymore contact with you. Please respect his wishes

• Smart guy. He's figured out it's best to burn your bridges. Keeps life simple. You should thank him.

• Damn what'd you do to piss him off that much? I have plenty exes but only had to delete and block one from everything and she was a major bitch

• He is angry and reacting to his anger. If your breakup was not something you wanted, then be truthful about it and reach out.

• He's your ex. Why do you care?

• he did well. He's your ex and you're a thing of the past for him.

• Who cares you're no in a relationship with him. Move on, stop with the drama.

• Cause you are an ex

• No idea, cause there's no way he doesn't want to talk to you.

• I block as a rule 99% of the time. It is just to get persone out of your life if it was a real connection that bitterd up.

• My friend deleted my from everything including life.

• Exs aren't friends

• Why wouldn’t he

• how long were you together for and what were you arguing about because he sounds like my ex

• He's probably angry... if you want him there is still hope

• I can tell you why bcz. Im in thw same situation rn

• So wht
    Yr leave him n make him jealous

What Girls Said 13

• Your ex probably deleted you because it's the easiest way for him to move on. No distractions.
    As for why he hasn't deleted his previous exes, I don't know. Maybe he has now learned from the past that it's easier to move on if there are no reminders on social media. Or maybe he didn't care as much about his other exes and found it easier to move on - thus not needing to delete them.

I think it's better for things to end cold turkey like this. There's no room for lingering feelings or distractions. Even if you can avoid each other on snapchat, it's better to close the door entirely. Plus, even just seeing your ex's username works as a reminder. Better to be consistent across all platforms.

• You broke up yesterday?

Words were said.. everything is still sore and raw
    Give it time.. it could be a while eventually u might talk again (might)
    Guys don't tend to hold grudges for long though but again it depends what was said when u fought

either way stop dwelling on why and go into rational thought mode

• You broke up, deleting you off social medias is a normal response. Considering he has other exes on his social media he may have just added them back after a while.

• He could either be doing it to hurt you or he wants to be able to get over you quicker by not being able to see you.

• I think it means he's still angry and doesn't want to see you. It will pass or it won't. Nothing to do now but wait.

• You are his most recent ex and everything right now is raw and at it's peak. That is why he had to purge you out of his life and system for him to get over you and the hurt. Give him time to calm down and come to his senses. do not chase...

• It is probably the easiest way for him to get over you. Out if sight, out of mind.

• It's kind of childish but if you're broken up don't worry about it

• It is not. it is grown up thing to know what happend and act accordingly. Its childish to cling on or keep her him on facebook to show how better you are without them.

• Well then you should not have problem having someones name tattooed on you body cuz you just dont care and you are so cool

• @Coffeeshop666 what does getting a tattoo of someones name on your body have to do with social media? That's potentially the worst example ever, who cares?

• He's determined to move on.

Sorry to say this, but he's not obligated to keep you around as an acquaintance after a breakup and give you that warm fuzzy feeling by letting you in on his social media. It can be unrealistic to maintain a peace of mind if you're around in any way.

• well it depends on who initated the break up and the reasons for the break up.

• He hates you.

• He's angry but just ignore him maybe he still likes u and is mad

• Easiest way to get over someone. Cutting all contact with them is easier to get over someone. It's only been maybe a day or so? There's still hope you can work something out. Depends on how bad the fight was.