I confided in my fiance to keep information between us two and he didn't. Am I wrong at all? Should I try reaching out to him again?

I'm engaged to be married in 6 months. I thought that i could literally trust my fiance with any and everything. There are two subjects that are very important to me and i told him not to share this information with anyone, including his mother. Some back story. His mother and i have had our differences and we recently worked them out via a long conversation that she, my fiance and I had several months ago. My fiance asked that i didn't share that i had this conversation with anyone close to me because basically it's no one elses' business. And he stressed that i don't tell anyone so i didn't. So recently I had surgery and I didn't want anyone to know, only those very close to me, which includes my fiance. But, he told his mom that i was having surgery -- he didn't tell her what type of sugery, but he still told her. When he told me that he told her, i got really annoyed, but his defense was that he didn't tell her what is was for and he was sorry. So i'm planning to make a major decision in my life soon, that i didn't want him to share this information with anyone, including his mother. So i saw his mom the other day and she made a comment that triggered me to ask my fiance if he told her about the subject that i specially asked him not to say anything about, and he told me he did. His defense was that he wasn't going to tell her when i actually made the decision and that he was sorry. I got so mad to the point where i told him that i can't trust him, which is how i feel. And he's very manipulative, so as soon as I said that I can't trust to tell him things anymore, he just made me feel guilty by saying "you can't trust me. you're not going to tell me things". Then two days ago, he said if i can't trust him, why are we getting married, and i told him he was right. I contacted him today to let him know he was wrong and to work things out, but he completely ignored me when I reached out. I also followed up with a text. Am I wrong at all in this situation?

12

What Guys Said 2

• You can't trust him so it's over

• He shouldn't of told his mother without consulting you first but you shouldn't be so dismissive of his mother. Everyone that knows me knows that if you tell my mom, dad, sister or me, then we all know. We share almost everything with each other. He may be that way with his mom. You may not be used to that, but you may have to accept it.

What Girls Said 1

• Call off the wedding.

I happen to be a highly intuitive person. My intuition is never wrong and something is urging me to tell you to call off the wedding. Please listen to me.

If things are meant to be, then the wedding can resume later on.
    If not, then you'll be dodging a major bullet by listening to me.

That was the intuitive version. The logical version...

Your fiancé is a fucking asshole. This behavior is just a preview of what's to come. It was one thing for him to betray your trust but another for him to totally ignore you when you voiced how upset you were about it. Proceed with caution. You gotta look out for yourself no matter what