Relationship ended but can friendship remain?

I was seeing this guy who I became emotionally attached to but learned he was not emotionally ready for a serious relationship. He knows I was looking or maybe pushing for more than he can give. I pushed him away a little but he came back after 2 months. Things felt like the way they were when he came back and then he said "goodbye" again after 2 weeks of no contact while I thought I was giving him space. In this on again off again of 4 months, I learned that I may be pushing for a relationship when I am not really ready for one myself. He mentioned we can still text and keep in touch...:which he has been for the last week. I think we care about eachother but both have ourselves to work on before investing in a real relationship. Is it wrong to stay in touch or should I cut ties?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Its very very difficult

What Girls Said 1

• Ask yourself can you really see the future with him? I think you both need to step back and find out what do you really want. It is not wrong to stay in touch but would this hurt and confused you even more?