Shoud I break up with him? Or what should I do?

So about 3 months ago I started dating this guy. It was really fun at first, he was really nice, but after about the second month he started being very manipulative and always tries to control me. He tells me that is the way he is and that that has always been a problem with his other girlfriends, but i am getting very tired of it. He is also my first boyfriend and I wanted this to be a casual fun relationship, but he is aalways telling me he wants to marry me and have kids with me and loves me more than anything. I care a lot for him because he is a nice person and has been through a lot, but i definitely don't love him and he is moving way to fast. I told him once that he was going to fast and he said "i am because i am sure of what we have, but i can see you are not". I wanted to break up with him but about a week ago he got really drunk and told me he tried to commit suicide once. He said that about a year ago he had nothing and nobody, he doesn't have a single friend and that worries me. Then he started saying that now he had me and that i was his everyday motivation. I don't know what to do, i really like him and i dont want to hurt his feelings or make him hurt himself, but i dont want him to get more and more involved.
Shoud I break up with him? Or what should I do?
Add Opinion