Breaking up: What do you think about this?

I received this email from my 2.5 years ex boyfriend after we broke up.
Dear Natt,
I am very sorry that things had to end, but I wanted you to understand why. You were always looking for reasons, and always trying to blame yourself, but this time I won't let you. You did nothing wrong. You were a great friend and girlfriend. When I think back on our time together, there was no time that you did anything to deserve to be treated as badly as I did sometimes. You were always there for me, always by my side, never nagging, never nit picking. You were great, and deserved better than me.
I am sorry that I had to decide what was right for you, and I am not pretending that I know what is best for you, but I can tell you that it wasn't me. You deserve someone to love and respect you as much as you love and respect them, and I am sorry that I couldn't do that for you. I am sorry that I wasted so much of your time because of my selfishness, I just couldn't let you go.
I will always look back on our time together with great fondness and happiness. I loved our travels and adventures, our trials and tribulations (sorry for crashing you on my bike TWICE). I will never forget you, and always care for you. Anything you need, no matter where we are in the world, let me know. I know you will find happiness and all that you deserve. When you do, and when you have what you want, I would love to meet your son or daughter.
Always in my heart,

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's true what's is says
    Maybe it's just to make things easier
    You'll be better awnsering this than any of us here
    At least he kinda cared

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he’s trying to alleviate your pain over the break up by trying to take all of the responsibility for it. True or not, it’s an easier thing to have a reason for a relationship ending so I’d use it to move on

What Guys Said 2

• if it's true then he is a Good guy, you should give ur relationship a another chance

• selfish

What Girls Said 1

• That s a good closure
    Move on now