Friends with cheating ex on social media?

My ex cheated on me (my first boyfriend) :/ and it's been a month , my friends want me to block him but I just don't want to block nor unfollow him :3 I just can't... should I do it or not? What would it mean if I did it?

12

What Guys Said 2

• It means you dont care for someone who blatantly disrespected you. Anyone that cheats is a horrible person, unfollow his ass and find someone worth your time. His priorities and commitment were clearly not focused on you. Dump his media accounts and let it be the end of it. If yuou want to wallow in pain keep his accounts and be reminded of his act every time you see him.

• From personal experience it's better to unfollow/unfriend because you're only making yourself miserable and you aren't letting go, deleting him is the first step to getting closure

What Girls Said 1

• Well blocking is not always needed but I personally say why give your ex the privilege of seeing your life? FB is quite personal and unless you have many randoms on your FB, I don't think it makes sense to keep someone there. I do not want my ex having a peek at the things that go on with my life. It has nothing to do with them anymore and I also don't want ex's knowing when I start dating again for example. But you know at the end, it is what works for you.

Also many people advise blocking as a why to keep YOU from seeing what goes on in their lives. It is completely unhealthy to FB stalk and obsess over a ex and look at their profile. You will never move on if you keep doing it. So many see FB unfriending or blocking as a means to heal and move on quicker. I can vouch for this personally x

• TBH I want to be friends with him on social media is because I wanna stalk him, as much as it sounds I want to do it because I wanna know who's the next girl gonna be? And I right now have anger for doing this to me :/ I just wanna "raise awareness " to all the girls what kind of person he is 🤷‍♀️ please tell me if this is a bad idea :3 I just don't want any girl to go through what I went through:(

• And the other thing is... I'm enjoying life ATM and I want him to see it... please correct me if I'm doing the right thing or not?