Is it normal to think about an ex girlfriend even after another long relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the people we've been with are apart of our history and they'll never really "leave" our minds. Especially when we get into another relationship. You're going to make comparisons because it's what we do. Especially if that time you spent together was nice. As long as it's not haunting you and making you regretful it's okay. But occasionally thinking about them is normal in my opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's your past so you have all the rights to think about that until it starts to influence your current relationship then you should stop it.

• Yeah well, I don't have any relationship right now so it's okay.
      But it does make me quite sad, I feel like I haven't lives everything I could have live with that one.

• Just starting to feel lonely haha, well, maybe
      I'm no good at meeting New people, maybe that's why i feeling that way

• yeah maybe 😁

What Girls Said 6

• Only if you didn't take the time needed to heal and let go , so you could move on.

It's not healthy to reminisce about past relationships. Life's meant to be travelled forward, not backward. It's okay if an ex crosses your mind now an then, but not if it's consistent and preventing you from being happy with someone else. If that's the case, then it's not healthy for your entire well-being

• maybe you still haven't got over her yet

• As I only got hate from her since the break up I haven't had any real explanation so, maybe yeah

• Yes very normal.

• Even If I think about it really hard after more than 5 years and a three years relationship?

• You're not over your ex are you? Have you talked to her recently? With me I've noticed it's not the actual person it's more the idea. If that makes sense.

• Well, it's weird because i'm thinking about an ex I was with before my Last girlfriend... Last time I talk to her was about two months ago, but I haven't had a real talk with my Last girlfriend though...

I understand what you mean and I think you're right about that, maybe I just feel lonely haha

• Tbh no.. You need to completely get over it.

• I guess so. I do still think a lot of "what if" with my ex. But I'm happy that he is happy. 😀

• If you're thinking about another girl, reasses if you should be in this relationship

What Guys Said 2

• Yes.

• Fast and short, that's an answer I like.

• Didn't had the choice for all of that haha

• Personally if you keep dwelling on her it's going to send you into a downward spiral.

• Yeah, we never really get over people.