How do you get over a tough break-up?

How did you get over your toughest break-up? did it work? have you met anyone new? or are you still heartbroken?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't yet. 3 year relationship, it's been nearly a year since the break up. I completely changed my life. Left the city I went to college in, quit my job, left my friends.. all to move back to my home city and start over. I never ever thought I'd lose this girl and figured she'd be in my life forever. We talked about the future, made plans, even went as far as picking out what we'd name our future kids. I was her first love, first boyfriend, took her virginity, essentially her first everything. She was so mean with her words when she broke up with me. Citing everything from being too nice to people, down to my weight. I treated her like a queen and was so so good to her. Granted, I am not a perfect person, but I was an excellent boyfriend. I got no closure, no nothing. Just sent away, kicked aside and forgotten about. She has no idea what this has done to me, and honestly.. I wouldn't put it past her to get a total rise out of it. She conquered the player, changed him, and then left him out to dry... She's a total party girl and attention whore now, and whatever. But at the end of the day, I wish her well in her life, and I hope I find something better for myself in the future. She seems to be doing great.

• Same position I'm in.... :|

im so sorry..

hope you find someone you deserve!

• Thanks so much, same to you. This has been the worst thing I've ever emotionally experienced.

What Guys Said 2

• I've moved on but I can't say that I am really "over" the ex. Still crosses my mind but when it comes down to what is right for us as individuals, we really are not right for one another. Accepting this was my first stepping stone to moving on.

How would one get over heartbreak? Well, for me, it comes with forgiving yourself and your ex for the break up. Once, you have done this it is very hard to hold grudges. My logic is if you still have any mixed feelings towards an ex, it's because you still kinda care. Love and Hate go hand in hand. They are both driven by emotions. Everyone has different ways of controlling their emotions. Instead of staying sad or dwelling on the past, I just find a way to let it go. Some days were hard than others but it's nothing I can't work through.

• Very good question. I am in the midst of getting over one myself. I feel if you truly love the person and want to keep that door open for later end it nice and try to drift apart. If it ended badly the best is to not see that person or and try to meeting new people are trying something new.

What Girls Said 1

• My toughest break up ever in my life was two years ago. It was with my daughters father, she is three now. He used to treat me like crap. I was always there for him but it wasn't mutual. For some odd I reason I loved him so bad. One day I just couldn't take it anymore and said enough is enough. I told him that I didn't want to be with him him, and of couse he didn't care. That was one of the toughest parts, because he didn't care..and I felt gulty like I did something wrong. I just started to go out more to get my mind off him, made new friends, and now he wants to be with me, but its tooo late LOL!