Would you consider this cheating?

Okay so this past weekend I went out of state for a concert. I went with some friends, most of them were girls but two of them were guys. I do have a boyfriend and he did not come with us because he doesn't like country music. So after the concert, we were all drinking and I was dared to make out with my friend, who is a girl. Right after I did it I went right to bed because I was truly ashamed of myself for doing that when I have a boyfriend. I figured telling him would be the right thing to do. So right when I got back home he came over to my house to hang out. I decided I would tell him then and in person. So I told him that I had been drinking and it was a dare. I didn't expect him to be really mad because I've done it before and he told me that he thought it was hot when he saw me make out with a girl. He got so mad that he left my house and he didn't talk to me for two days. Would you consider that cheating?

• Yes, you cheated.
  • No, you didn't cheat.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think, whether with a guy or a girl, that its cheating because you had no attraction to then, and there was no feelings toward the other person. I also think your boyfriend is being a hypocritical baby. How is it hot one second and bad another? Just cause he wasn't there? He needs to get over it. It's not a big deal.

What Guys Said 5

• Different people have different views on what constitutes cheating.

Let's for a moment assume that you hadn't made out with girl in front of him before. The argument could be made that it was technically cheating though I wouldn't consider it cheating. However due to the fact that it was a dare and not you trying to hook up with another person, I'd think that even if he considered it cheating he could cut you some slack, explain his position on the matter and just ask you not to do it in the future.

Now to the reality of the fact that he'd already seen you do this before and said he thought it was hot. To me this clearly shows that he's not jealous of you making out with a girl. He seems to be indicating that it's OK if you make out with girls on a dare only when he's present. This implies that it's something you do only for him to turn him on, and not for anyone else. I would assume that there were other people there as well, hence this is not something only for him. Therefore I'd say no, it was not cheating.

My theory, he's just paranoid that if you make out with a girl, that could lead to you doing something with a guy. Now you might consider not doing this in the future just to make him feel better, but no that did not classify as cheating.

• I'm not sure if it's cheating but it's pretty embarrassing for both of you. Why did you really need to tell him fgs?

• I think it depends on the guy. If you made out with one of the guys I'd see it as cheating but the girl I see it as good fun. lol So I'm gonna have to say no.

• i think yes, but it would be worse if you did it with a guy

• no way. I mean you didn't mean the kiss in a sexual manner so there no way it cheating ae.

hope it all turns out okay

What Girls Said 3

• I think this is a dumb question. Regardless of gender you still were not making out with your boyfriend - you figure it out.

• Oh of course it's not cheating! It was a DARE! Uhmmmm... like, hello! You totally can't turn that down! Duhh.

Wow. I can't even seriously answer this. Too stupid.

• nah you was kinda drunk