We've been together 6 years and I'm not sure I want to be with him anymore. How do I end it without it totally killing him?

I'd say he's more of the clingy one in the relationship. Honestly, i have the perfect guy. He does everything for me, loves me unconditionally, everything. I know this is common but it really ISN'T him, it's me. I don't know how to tell him that without it making me sound like I just feel bad for him. I want to do it in a way I know won't completely crush him. He's been my best friend for the past 6 years and I don't want to lose him in my life completely but I have a feeling it will. I just can't ignore these feelings anymore. I'm driving myself crazy.. I fake everything. I wish I didn't feel this way. My family is even judging me about wanting to leave him. I know it's selfish but I can't live my life unhappy and he doesn't deserve that either. I wish break ups weren't so hard. This whole situation makes me sick 😔 I fell in love with another guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I answered one of your questions before and I wanted to know more details behind the breakup. Same applies here. 6 years is a long time and he's clearly the "perfect guy" according to what you said. I'm not judging but I'd really just need to find out the real problem if I can offer a solution.

Most Helpful Girl

• So basically you emotionally cheated on your man... I hope you know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. This new dude only seems appealing now, let's see how happy he keeps you for 6 years. Love is not only a feeling but a choice, responsibility, devotion. Your partner CHOSE to love you and treat you like gold for 6 years. You CHOSE to be like fuck it and instead look elsewhere, break his heart and love someone else. Own up to your mistakes like an adult and let your boyfriend go.

• I agree with all of that 100%. Thanks!

What Guys Said 3

• “I’m sorry but this isn’t working for me. I wish you the best.” DO NOT SAY OR AGREE TO “LETS BE FRIENDS”

• Thanks ! And I know.. it just sucks. 😒

• You are doing yourself and your boufriend a disservice. Rip the band aid off and get it over with. And I agree with the other guy... don't "be friends" it never works

• You need to be strong and move on I done it and im a guy ,, I was unhappy and bored no ine else involved thats two years ago im on my own but happy

What Girls Said 0