Will he ever forgive me or should I just move on?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 8months and he has been taking really good care of me.. but he hates my smoking habits, he asked me to stop and i tried but it lasted for a month or less... i have been smoking behind his back and he caught me red handed last night.. I tried to call him (11 times) he didn't pick up.. he even blocked my number.. i went to his place bagged him for more than 2hour but he pushed me away and told me his done being a fool. he even locked me out. Another problem is we work at the same hotel and I will probably see him.. how do I act normal?

214

Most Helpful Guy

• What he wants you to do is for your own good before his but the way he acted isn't good I mean he was kinda rude. Habits like smoking are very difficult to remove and they need some time and good care (therapy if necessary). Just tell him that this kinda habits are difficult to remove and You need help and patience and maybe as I said some medical care. And try to put more serious efforts about this please.

Most Helpful Girl

• You’ve broken his trust, this is obviously an important issue to him and instead of asking for support and help you went behind his back.
    If it’s not something you’re willing to do then you’re most likely incompatible as a couple and should look for others better suited.
    It’ll be awkward for awhile but if you’re courteous and polite it settles

What Guys Said 13

• He might not understand that nicotine addiction is a disease. I can't say for sure if he will forgiveness you or not. While based on my understanding here that he overreacted, I don't think it's the right way to go about it. The overwhelming majority of people who try to wit smoking fail more than once before quitting for good. Whether or not he forgives you, make sure you keep striving to wit, and never give up!

• Dumb. Really dumb. You choose cigarettes over your relationship - in this day and age! Consider trying a vape - got me off the cigs within about ten days and that was over four years ago after a forty year smoking habit.

• Gee, Quitting smoking it a difficult thing to do. Obviously threats from him was not enough incentive for you to quit the habit. He should cut you some slack. Yes you should quit. No you should not have told him you were quitting and didn't.
    I'd talk to him and explain how difficult it is to quit. Can he give you a grace period as you work through this? Yes or No. If he says No, you either quit right now or move on.

• I think you should give him some time.. i think he will forgive you... dont give up... but dont approach directly. You work in same hotel... so be in his sight of view. Let him know that you are ashamed.. but not directly. You could say sorry.. like.. by wearing a tshirt quoting " Say No To Cigarette"... and etc.
    Then after a week or two... apologize to him again.(now directly).
    If i were him , i would never left anyone on this basis.

• Try those vapor cigarettes or whatever you call them. I actually don't see many people smoking real cigarettes anymore.

• You fucked up real bad. Just respect his wishes. And STOP smoking. He can feel better if he sees that. At least he won't think he was a fool for no reason

• Smoking is disgusting. You can try to find a guy who doesn't mind dating a human chimney.

• Don't fight for him. Once you act the same as him he will realize if he doesn't get his act together he'll lose you 👍

• You deserve it... shouldn't have smoked in the first place

• My girlfriend used the Allen Carr book to quit. Read the book all the way through. Believe in yourself, after that you can make your own decision.

• Hey at least you tried.

• I'm pretty sure he will forgive you for that if he loves you. Also check out this book easy way to quit smoking by Allen Carr. I know a lot of people that it helped. Good luck to you.

• It's funny cause I wasn't smoking when I started reading that book, I found the book in the library it wasn't the library's book so they gave it to me I read half of the book then began smoking again. It was damn near erotic how he described a smoke, I eventually had to somehow find it within myself to stop smoking.

• Just quit on smoking if u love him instead u can chew chewingums

What Girls Said 1

• Omg really? My guy cheated on me and I am still thinking to forgive him. The chance are that:
    1) He just try to scare you because he really loves you, and he will talk you again in some days.
    2) That was just an excuuse. He was searching for a reason to break up but the inner reason is something else.
    3) He is weird, or maybe hasn't lived something really painful, like cheating. I guess he is young, un-experienced. I guess in some days he will understand that it is a ridiculous reason to break up. If he doesn't, then he doesn't deserve you.

I strongly believe it is the first one. And ok surely you hurt his trust for you. He only wanted you to be healthy. But this is not a reason for breaking up. Really. Good luck and please quit smoking. ;)