Should I forgive him?

Not long ago, My boyfriend and I broke up.

At first his jealousy was cute, he was protective that made me feel he was really into me. Then his jealousy became worse.
It kinda started when he was laid off work. so I had to pay for everything at home.. I didn't mind it at all nor did I force him to find a job, He started to become insanely jealous of nothing, he digged my past and started asking questions about it (which I thought was very s*upid). He has this kind of thing that when he is mad he would start saying things just to hurt you (Even if he knows its not true)
Came to a point that what I wore to work thats underneath my clothes was an issue, and coming home with a not "on point" make up was as well. (I get really tired at work I barely have time to refresh my make up)
He would talk behind my back with people we know just because he was mad. He also would disturb everyone at my work just to ask questions.
we would argue as well about chores and cooking, since I work and I get really exhausted I do hope he would do the chores and cook since he'd be at home all day, Its not too much to ask is it? I mean give and take.
He eventually changed a bit because I was laid off work too but when I started working again the problems began, and the last draw was when he hit me on the face. He still thinks we can get back together, and Im kinda missing him too..
Im not perfect , I've got flaws, I dont know how to cook ans do some chores, Iam however a bread winner and never asks for material things nor am I a gold digger, I can make my own money, I never Cheat, I dont go partying, I dont drink , i go to work and go home , however I've got some anger issues as well but thats only when someone crosses their line and Im a really heavy smoker.
Should I forgive my ex? Should I give him another chance?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should find someone who respects your space in the relationship, these kind of people are often impulsive and can really hurt your feelings if your not prepared to deal with what he may do to you or say to you you should move on

• Its really clear to my eyes by my heart just isn't ready to accept... I really thought he was the one.. Im starting to have these thoughts, you know when you're getting older, you suddenly have worries about living life alone...

• I'm a fun person to be around with, but I just have no time lately... and since I've been in a relationship I didn't really have the time to go out.. Maybe this weekend I'll catch up with some friends.. Hopefully

• Yeah thats good try to get some time for in the weekend and best of luck if you want to talk through it add me as a friend here

• No he sounds like an asshole

What Girls Said 1

• he hit you in the face and you still wanna stay? no girl don't stay
    he feels less powerful cause he's staying at home and you're the one who's going to work everyday.. but he acts mean towards you to get rid of his frustration

• yeah, i figured... I just dont get it though, I never made him feel that way... I'd always support him... I never forced him to do anything.. never did I make him feel he has nothing, never... he would always say he has nothing blah blah blah. but im like i never made you feel that way, y'd put me through all troubles..

• his ego feels hurt... you cannot do much about it
      but you don't need a man like that in your life