Should I divorce my husband?

I have been married for two years. We were in a relationship before that for almost 8 years. Anyway, I started liking a guy and told my husband ( then my boyfriend ) that I liked someone else and didn't want to be with him. However I broke up with that other guy and I am totally over him. After my breakup my husband came back to my life and I accepted him out of inertia and fear of future. I got married to him but I can hardly call it a marriage. I don't love him at all. I dread the thoughts of getting intimate with him and I somehow close my eyes and get through the act. I told him recently that I wanted out but he insists on working it out. I am so confused and anxious. I fear an uncertain future but the thought of living like this is blood curdling. Advise please

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you know the answer. You have tried to make it work. It won't work. No amount of trying and working through it will make any difference. It will never change YOUR feelings. Forget, mostly, the needs of your husband. We are talking about the rest of your life, and what YOU need.

If you don't love hm now, you never will. Leave now, give yourself some "me" time. Then when you are ready, rejoin the dating scene. Find yourself a guy you can love, and who loves you in return.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not fear to him or you to live in a lie, make up your mind, future is scary but not obligatory bad

What Guys Said 4

• DEFINITELY get out, but be kind. You married him under false pretenses, that doesn't make this marriage and break-up his fault.

• I think that he should divorce you. He is committed to the woman he loves but your just over the man you married. Poor guy he married a woman who he loves who won't love him back.

I hope he gets every thing in the divorce cause you never put anything into the marriages.

• i made a mistake. i know he did nothing wrong but even he knew i was not so much into him when we got married. anyway i am not here to play blame game. i accept my responsibility and i am not going to ask him for anything if we get divorced. i am working and i can live on my own.

• @Dim1213 i came here for advise because i needed some unbiased opinion. if you are so bitter about the problems of perfect strangers without knowing anything about them or their life why bother giving your opinion? go away

• And One More Thing Be Polite in Every way. When You Tell Him All the Above Stuff Tell Him That You were Decieving Yourself And as A Result You Were Deceiving Him As Well. Whatever You Tell This MAN make Sure You're Safe And He Doesn't Turn Psycho. Coz a Man Under His Circumstances Might Get Furious.

Just Be Careful In Your Talk and Actions - I Suggest You Tell Someone That You're Gonna Talk To Him So and So and Then Break The Ice.

I Wanted To Tell You This Coz I Got Kind ofa Gut Feeling.

• yeah definitely, divorce would be the best for you and for him as well

• But wouldn't it be hard on him?

What Girls Said 3

• You so blatantly say you don't love him. Does he support you? Did you use him for money? Or a place to sleep. Look you haven't only wasted enough of your time but your wasting time that this poor man could be finding someone who does love him. Give the poor guy a break. Selfish people. Oh and by the way don't be surprised when you get that payment back. Karma is coming.

• I so " blatantly " say this because it's the truth. And I don't use him for money. I have well paid job and I am doing pretty well in my life. I am not a useless housewife. And I am not wasting his time anymore. I want a divorce and he is trying to stop it. Please don't make sweeping statements without knowing anything

• Divorce

• Yes... it is best for the both of you. There is no love here.