I think I love a girl, but she already has a boyfriend. How do I get over her, even though I have to see her almost every day?

I REALLY like a girl. I have literally never harbored such intense romantic feelings for a girl before, and it's driving me absolutely mad.

I work with her in a research lab, where we run experiments and co-author scientific articles together. Given the nature of our work, we spend lots and lots of time together. After getting to really know her, I fell for her; I fell for her hard.

Whenever I see her, I feel an intense state of euphoria. I am attracted to essentially everything about her: I love her immense intelligence. I love her laugh. I love her not-quite-perfect English (she's Chinese). I love her shyness. I love the conversations we hold. I could go on all day about how amazing she is.

However, during one conversation we had, she mentioned that she has a boyfriend back in China. Naturally, my heart sank like a rock after that. I know that I really have to get over her, but I'm finding it incredibly difficult. It's been roughly three months since she told me about her boyfriend, but I still can't shake my romantic feelings for her.

It really doesn't help that I see her nearly every day in the lab, and that we hang out outside of work fairly often. We are pretty good friends, and a mutual colleague of ours told me that she talks about me a lot when I'm not there.

I want so badly to confess my feelings to her, but I know it'll be a futile effort that can only end in disaster.

How do I get over her already?

1
1