Why did he mention his last break up?

He keeps going on about how he doesn't want his heart broken like his last relationship and wants to forget about it, but he keeps mentioning it? Is he not entirely over his ex or is he afraid of me leaving? I don't know

63

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its both. Memory of his ex still lingers and he is afraid of another disappointment regarding a failed relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to do that to my current boyfriend I would speak about my past relationship not because I had feelings for him but because I was really hurt and was afraid to start a new relationship. As much as I enjoyed this new person this new relationship in the back of my mind I was worried what if I give my heart to someone again and they break it again. I felt speaking to my current boyfriend about my ex would help me let go of the feelings and things that were in my mind. However my current boyfriend would tell me to stop talking about him because he wasn't him and whatever he did in the past he shouldn't have to pay for it because it was unfair to him. So it opened my eyes to realize I need to let go in the sense of what I re-lived. So maybe that's what he's going through be patient with him and show him you truly care about him because he needs reassurance

What Guys Said 2

• He's young and hasn't yet learned how to move past it. Only life experience can resolve that.

• This is a common sign that he still has feelings for his ex. He's reliving the moment they seperated in his head over and over. Just be patient with him, it passes.

• It's been a year and a half :(

• And yes, I'll call you out on your age because it's showing darling 😂 acting like a 15 year old will get you called one

• Every time he brings it up, just look him in the eye, and ask 'So, would you rather be with her, or me?'. It will give him something to think about. But a year and a half is s long time to have serious trust issues over a single break-up. If he doesn't trust you by now, he needs to start taking steps towards learning how to trust again.

What Girls Said 5

• It could be either one. It sounds like he has not fully dealt with what happened in the past and it's probably too soon for him to be dating.

• He isn't over the hurt of his last breakup.

• Maybe he's mentioning it because he either is still upset over it and talks about it as a coping mechanism or he could be doing it to give you "hints" on what he does and doesn't like in a relationship , depends on how he talks about it to you though

• he had bad experiance that's why

• So he got it out of the way