Do you think we have a chance at being together?

We're very good friends. He's spoken about bringing me to meet his family, having children, and being in my life for 10, 20, 50+ years. However, now that I've considered this, I told him that I have thought about the future with him but don't get close to him in public like he does to me because I don't want to overstep boundaries, and that I have no expectations as far as what I want out of a relationship if he doesn't see things the same way. I also told him that I do not want him to settle if he isn't sure whether or not he sees me in his future. In return, he told me he just wants to be as we are until he feels he's worked through all he needs to in order to truly be the boyfriend I deserve. Out of anybody in his life, how I feel means more to him than anything and he's happy to know that I respect his boundaries and accept his busy life as it is, that he's glad I'm willing to work with him in whatever aspects he needs me to, and he's willing to do the same in return. He said I make him want to be a better man and he feels he can be completely free with me, it's just that he's just confused because he's in disbelief at how our relationship has played out, and he doesn't want me to settle on him until he's the best he can be for me. Therefore, he has a lot of work to do in that, but I also have to be the best I can be for any future with him as well. We continue to talk as we usually do but I'm trying to give him space.

1. Why has he backed off?
2. Do you think I'm just on the back burner now, or is he truly taking the time to work on himself with me in mind?

01

What Guys Said 1

• Find out whether he is already married

What Girls Said 0