Why do guys not respond when you break up with them?

I was dating this guy for about 3 1/2 months before I realized it was going nowhere. So I decided to break up with him through text ( I know that’s shitty, but it was truly my only option) But I did so in a very respectful way. He’s really nice, but the communication was off, we would only hang out like once a week, and we never talked about whether we were exclusive or not. It wasn’t FWBs, but also wasn’t a relationship so it was very confusing for me.

Anyways he never responded to my text. And now he watches my Snapchat stories more frequently. And we still follow each other on all of our social media. I’m just confused if he wants to be friends, or if he’s mad? Or if he’s just keeping tabs? What’s your guy’s take on this?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt it means anything. Remaining connected on social media isn't weird, and doesn't indicate much. He probably doesn't want to be friends (there's a difference between being friends and being friendly, though). Maybe he's a little bitter? But probably not really mad.

What Guys Said 3

• I would keep track of her for every possible reason except reconciling and/or being friends. And no, I wouldn't try to get her back in any case. What he does is actually logical.

• I think he'd just be keeping tabs.

• I think he does care, just in shock or something?

What Girls Said 0