I feel so selfish for blocking him, am I being harsh?

Me and this guy have been friends with benefits for 2 years. Long story short it's not going anywhere, and it's time to end it. I realized it's getting in the way of me living an actual love life. We talked about it, and we both agree to part ways and it ended amicably.

I can't stop looking at my phone. I know it'll go away but I hate this, and I would rather block him so i don't have to wonder anymore. I did this with my last two bfs and i know it's works but I know it's harsh, but I feel you can be selfish when you're healing. I think I'm looking for validation here. I just don't want to hurt him, because we are on good terms ughhh

05

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have given him a heads up before blocking him and let him know why but it's not selfish. I've done it before (let them know I was taking time to myself when blocking them) and I've had it done to me (more of an I'm ending things and immediate block after sending that).

People need time and space to heal. It's not selfish to take that. It actually looking out for your own well being. It's quite possibly that it's not too late to let him know what you're doing.

What Guys Said 4

• If you think it'd be healthier for you to block him, go ahead. Don't avoid him in real life though, and if he asks about it, tell the truth.

• Why not sack up and tell him? Christ you women. You used each other for physical pleasure to replace a more permanent emotional bond. Friends with benefits, is almost always more like acquaintances who fuck. Should be easy peasy to cut him off and vice versa. Whats probably MORE closer to the truth, is that in an attempt to be friends with benefits you've gotten comfortable being around this guy and now you're having separation anxiety y'know like you would an ex-bf. *Insert cliche about friends with benefits always end badly (or turn into a relationship) here*Regardless, nobody gets out unphased.

• Tell him Ur blocking him and why Ur doing it and then block him. I'm sure he will understand.

• You did what you needed to do to move on with your life.

What Girls Said 0