What's the hardest part of breaking up with someone?

To you, what is the hardest part of breaking up?
The questions they ask?
Getting your stuff back?
How to split mutual friends?
What do you hate most, aside from actually hurting the other person.

1128

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't had a breaking up experience so i can not precisely speak about personal encounter.

Furthermore, i highly believe the hardest piece of breaking up with someone would depend on the situation. Several factors such as; motivation behind the action; the mood of the relation; the details in between and the smoothness of the conditions.

For instance; if you are breaking up with someone while you still love them but there is something you can not handle and it's a big red flag for you; so that brought the relation to an end; the hardest part would be breaking up itself. You still have love; but there are elements that you failed to settle now this is the result. You might not like it; but you don't have the solution for solving it so you just have to move on; and that's a pain by itself.

Or if you are breaking up; and the situation is one of those times where you are leaving someone because of their own benefit. The pain would be the fact that this is against your inner willingness. And the fact that your partner might never really knows the actual truth. Maybe you even have to play monster to just break up but the underlying emotion is different and the truth is something else; so the hardest part would be making a difficult choice in sake of the person you love; but you're also hiding the true feeling and expressing the opposite in order to perform the break up.

Or if you are breaking up because you were in the relation as a beta test. You wanted to realize if there is something more between you and the person; after a while you realize you can not feel enough connected to continue; but the opposite is in love with you; in this case i believe the biggest pain and hardest part is the communications in between; the process of breaking up and all the details of splitting. It can be extremely difficult to move away from someone who loves you and potentially getting hurt so much over your decision. It has to be done; but it's a difficult thing to be done.

So generally i believe the difficulty; hardness and pain of the break up is dependable on what condition and circumstances the break up is occurring.

Good Luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have to say the hardest part would be to break up the family bond. To give up or even let go of your future plans together. To lose the structured environment. Always wonder if it was the right choice. Fear of never finding another person to fulfill the what personal needs we’re missing in the first relationship.

What Guys Said 27

• For me there never was a hard part... I kind of feel bad like I should have been more hurt by it but I really wasn't.

• My wasted time i wish you could take people to court and get paid for wasting someone's time it's more important than money anyway lol

• Wasted time is the worst
      And
      Beleaving they cared for you only makes it worse
      If they cared for you then they should have never wasted your time.

• I can careless i just want my time back like i have better shit to do than text some boring broke braud

• It's the pain that comes with it the questions can be the worst but also the getting your stuff if you have to see thay person again and they were completely in love. Hated most tho would be the going from having someone there to not having that person there and being lonely and hurting.

• Wondering about who they're with. Have they forgotten about you? Does she slag you off to the new guy? Is she having sex with him right now? You drive yourself nuts then one day you say fuck it who cares

• My brother's wife wants a divorce because lately he been working hard and they don't that connection anymore. The hardest part is their children..

• They don't have that connection anymore* excuse my English, I never proof read :)

• working hard in work and coming late home.. sorry my English is shit lol

• Getting used to them not being there to talk to. Adjusting to being alone and not having someone you can tell your feelings or secrets

• The memories

• I think the hardest thing is to break up is mutually.

• The hardest part, is the feeling inside. Your heart that was once filled with a sparking blaze of love. Changing into a mess, where the only one that can save your emotions from the wreckage is the one that caused it.

• Wow. Kind of poetic.

• Glad you liked it. As sad as it may seem, sometimes one does not intend to come out as poetic, its just that the pain inside reflects on the speech that comes out of a mouth sealed with tragedies.

• I will let the late great Tom Petty who died Sunday night answer this question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

• Working up the nerve to actually do it

• Giving up on the future you planned on having with you person. And knowing all the effort you put in to the relationship was wasted.

• I've been going through a train wreck of a break up over the last year, coming out of an 11 year relationship (long story).
    The hardest part has been dealing with the constant memories, and I feel like that makes me undatable for anything serious for the future.

• Knowing you never see their family, kid (s) or animals again.

• Getting your stuff back if you didn’t grab it before...

• Slowly recognising that you're no longer important in their world, you're not needed

• Starting over, finding someone new, etc

• In those cases if you're over then but they're not over you the pleading for you to come back I think it's the hardest because even though you're ready to move on you still care for that person and it can be rough basically listening to begging

• Erasing. There memories from ur mind

• Telling them

• Getting stuff back

• The answers for you future lover

• Hardest part probably is starting the conversation

• I always found breaking up extremely easy and enjoyable

• Tell me please what is easy? I hate breakups, probably why most of my breakup still end in friends... i hate being hurtful, i will be honest tho

• I would prefer to split and still be friends not enemies!

• Alcoholism

What Girls Said 10

• It'd depend on the circumstances. Like what led to the breakup- if it was cheating, a mutual decision, etc..

If I were to break up with my boyfriend now, aside from the obvious loneliness, I think it being next to impossible to cut him completely out of my life would be pretty damn hard. I've experienced so many things with him, be it on an emotional/physical/sexual level, or even just hitting up certain restaurants/strip clubs, there would be things that remind me of fun times with him around almost every corner. I'd basically end up being hit with reliving how I no longer have that on a regular basis for quite some time.

• the slings, arrows & rocks thrown my direction
    when they were totally at fault
    and much less invested

• you're giving the peraon time to think and then they go and think that you're not so good for their souls. and then they go and mess around with other girls, only to realise after a month or two that you are soulfood and then you're angry as shit and the relationship is fucked. dont run away or take breaks. lesason learnt

• Hardest part is when you know both of you have feelings for each other but timing or whatever is really bad and you can't make it work. That's the saddest part about it.

• memories

• the hardest part about it is getting over it.
    anyway, if my boyfriend is gonna break up with me I will kill him and burn the body.

• I think the hardest part is when you're still attached to your partner emotionally and physically. If you don't have any feelings for the person, you can break up and move on quicker than you can imagine.

• Getting them to get lost.

• Burying them

• all the time that was wasted