Is cheating really that bad?

OK hear me out before you start complaining.

we all have high sex drives from time to time in our system, we need it we crave it. its a biological instinct.

every now and then a man or woman cheats in their relationship or marriage, not because they want to but because they need to. when it comes to a relationship not all the time the other person wants sex, that's because they believe they want something more in the relationship, love, emotional closeness which is great but sex is also healthy in a relationship.

if that's out of your system or their system for awhile then a relationship can proceed. when a partner cheats its not because your not enough for them or they want all these different people, its the supercharged sex drive that makes them crave it.

then when they are home with you that part is gone for awhile and you can remain to have a loving relationship.

no-one needs to know of the cheating as long as your very discreet about it.

i know most of you are going to think I'm a dumb ass for saying all this but its just a thought i was having.

73

Most Helpful Girl

• This would be true in a world in which people didn't get jealous and felt it was OK to share their partners. Some people may be this way, and if you find a girlfriend who is like that, you can arrange to have an open relationship in which it's OK for the both of you to sleep with other people. There are quite a few people who choose to do this.

However, for most people it really hurts to know that their partner is not the only one. It makes them insecure and jealous, and it can ruin the relationship.

When you say "no one needs to know of the cheating", do you mean no one including your girlfriend? I think deliberately withholding this kind of information is as bad as lying, and having your trust betrayed is extremely painful. Even if she would have been OK with the cheating, the lying might very well make her decide to break up with you.

What Girls Said 6

• Bull sh*t. Cheating is wrong, people don't cheat because they "need to", they cheat because they arn't capable of being faithful to their partner. If a person really feels the need to cheat then they don't truly love their boyfriend/girlfriend and they deserve to be dumped. Simple as that.

• cheating is like a slap in this face...soooo yeah I'm guessing its bad

• so you're telling me that if your girlfriend/wife cheated on you, and you didn't find out till later, you wouldn't be mad or upset and would forget about it? I highly doubt anyone could do that with easy

• Yes,it is.If someone cheats on me it shows they are immature and disrespectful and they can happily go on to another chick cause I won't say.

• Yup.

• Cheating is wrong no matter what. You're dumb for even asking this.

What Guys Said 3

• So, basically, keep secrets from your significant other. Wouldn't want them to find out and get rightfully mad at you for the betrayal of trust, right? Methinks somebody's trying to delude himself by making justifications for a past action.

• the fact that you use the word cheat implies that it's that bad because it's CHEATING. now if you both agree to have an open relationship... it's no longer cheating. Your idea isn't wrong, but it may be incompatible with most women. you're not a dumbass, you just want to live life differently.

You're not a dumbass if you want to live in the woods in a cabin, instead of in an apartment in hte city. the only problem is... you need to find someone who would want to live in the woods with you.

• yeah your pretty dumb.