How long does a break normally last?

My boyfriend and I recently got on a break and we are still on a break. I thought we both agreed on getting back in 2 weeks but it turns out we are still on a break and its been over a month. I am really upset and pissed about it. He says he needs more time and that he is not ready to be in a relationship right now. What do I do about that?

Does a break mean to you to move on if it is longer than it is expected?

31

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• This is probably one of the hardest things to come to terms with. I was in the exact same position as you, a couple of months ago. The guy I thought was completely right for me in every way, told me he wanted space and wanted a 'break'. I believed him and left it, and when I met up with him, he never actually wanted a break, it was all just a way of letting me go and hope I would drift away. Some people can be cowards and not have the gut to tell you how they feel, and that isn't fair at all.
    I am so sorry you are going through this touch time, but if he is making you wait, it isn't worth it. I promise you, you will have someone come into your life that will never make you wait until 'they're ready', you are as much a part of the relationship as he. In my opinion, a break is basically the long winded version of a break-up and I disagree with it, it's just causing you more pain but just for longer. Tell him how you feel about it and find someone who will make you feel good about yourself.
    You deserve so much better
    Keep Smiling :)

• You think that means he doesn't love me anymore and now he is thinking about going into the military and I need more time to think it over if we are getting back together and I am not completely sure cause he says he wants to go and he is like I am not 100% sure.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2