Woman who accused ex-boyfriend of rape ordered to pay nearly $24,000, what do you think?

38

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there is any amount of money that can undo what accusing someone of rape does. Making false accusations makes it harder for real victims. You shouldn't cry rape to get even with someone.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's great she was punished, but it's irritating that her punishment is probably much harsher than the average penalty for actual rape is. Like, can we start punishing rapists this bad?

• I don't know on one hand she deserves punishment, but on the other it could scare women that are really telling the truth to come forward because they could be punished if someone decides to accuse her of lying due to not finding evidence one way or another.

• Yeah that's the other thing. Not every rape case that's dismissed for "insufficient evidence" means that the victim is lying. Not all victims behave the same way after the attack. People are too quick to assume that the accusation is false, when it reality this rarely happens (compared to the number of real rape cases).

• @snowangle False Rape Allegations: An Assault On Justice: By Bruce Gross, PhD, JD, MBA
      web.archive.org/.../...allegations-assault-on.html

What Guys Said 7

• Such women are fucking disgusting and make it harder for REAL victims to come forward, the more certain girls lie about rape the more people become skeptical when it actually happens, she should get life in prison

• Great. It might not be as harsh of a punishment as it could be (his would still be much worse) but women being punished for these types of crimes is a step in the right direction to a time where plenty of men found themselves humiliated and ruined because of such false accusations.

• She should have been imprisoned.

• Still a pussy pass. She should serve time in prison for the time he would of been convicted of rape.

• I should read the proceedings , know what exactly happened and read more about Canadian Law. I don't know enough about these.

• Would rather see her in prison

• Is that all the guys future is worth while she moves on and acts like she's the victim