Taking a break?

My girlfriend of 17 months has either anxiety or OCD, and gets intrusive thoughts telling her to break up with me even though she doesn't want to

She recently said that she thinks we should take a break from dating to try and deal with the thoughts, but we'll get back together later. She even told me it's okay if I flirt with other girls. Is she just trying to break up with me without trying to make me feel bad? I'm still planning on waiting for her, but I'm slightly worried if she listens to her intrusive thoughts or we m if it turns out she doesn't even have them, and just wants to leave 😟

Do things like this usually work out? Does anyone here have experience with 'taking a break' and getting back together?

11

What Girls Said 1

• It seems to me that she doesn't want to break up with you, just needs space/time to figure out whats going on inside. Give her some reassurance that you want her and that you don't want to flirt with other girls (and don't flirt with other girls) Express your love for her more.

What Guys Said 1

• The thoughts talk to her? Run.