Going to be single for the first time in 6 years! What should I do first?

Dont make your suggestions too crazy im still a mom first lol. But tell me some good ideas.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a period to invest in yourself. Take hobbies you couldn't take before. Make new friends. Avoid alcohol because it will will make you more depressed. Support yourself on family and those who love you. And avoid for know everything related to your former partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take sometime to yourself. After my last relationship of three years ended, I realized I need to work on ME before I even look sideways at guys.

Who do you want to be? How do you picture yourself describing yourself on a first date? Imagine that person and then make her a reality. Think about dating after.

What Guys Said 38

• Be thankful for your freedom, and consider you likely dodged a huge bullet.
    If you're a mom then your focus needs to be on your child.

• Thank you and yea she will forever be my focus but i just wanted a day for myself to avoid having a breakdown in front of her

• You don't need a breakdown - YOU get to decide how to react. It's not the end of the world, and it's only as emotional devastating as you allow it to be.
      I kind of chuckle at women and their apparent lack of self control, like you have no control over how you feel. No, YOU get to decide. You can wallow in self pity, wondering what happened, or simply move on with your life. My bet is it wasn't all it should have been anyway, or you'd still be together. Be thankful it is what it is. Appreciation and gratitude are far better than sorrow or self pity.

• I didn't say i needed one and no one is wallowing in self pitty as you so delicately put it. The breakdown isn't an emotional one its a mental one. And of course you can control how you feel but seriously its not healthy to keep everything bottled in. I dont care about the break up thats not what concerns me I've been there before. What im worried about is being the best i can be for her... so time to clear my head n get my shit together is what im getting at here not crying over something that sooner or later would come to be.

• Find a TV series you always wanted to see and binge watch it.
    Then finally take the time to play some long fun video games, like Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dragon Age Origins, and stuff like that.
    Maybe read a few books if you enjoy that but never found the time before.

• I hope that's a good thing for you and him both. Don't do absolutely nothing. Make dinner for 1 + kid/s instead of 2 and depending how old your kid/s are watch a movie? Order take out, stay up all night... your choices are endless. Don't do what I did, I went into work and I finished reports that weren't due for months, lol.

• With that response, I'm going to say you are both going to be better off, lol. You sound like I did many years before you. Our daughter was two when our marriage effectively ended. I am still surprised we were able to shack up for our daughters sake for 16 years! Now your only chance to see us in the same city is a big event in her life and that's next month when we're becoming grandparents! At the end of the day when I see her alone and ask her how are things going, she'll respond "why, you never cared" and I'll say you haven't changed to which I'll be called an asshole and I'll try not to go to the "B" word.😂😂😂 Haha.

• Never get in another relationship again is most important.
    Your 23 years old you are still young enough to enjoy everything you can.
    Have fun do what you can do in your free time

• Maybe some alone time

• Build up your character and self esteem. As a relationship can negatively effect that. Go to the gym enjoy the freedom of working out. Get into something spiritual and find balance. Have fun too, find fun activities and stay safe while doing them. Don't do anything super risky because people still care for you. And most importantly find some kind of hobby and love doing it. Maybe and instrument or sport or something. Just love whatever you are doing. Oh and stay away from alcohol. Im sure you know but it can be very dangerous when you are single.

• Mmm well ur picture tell what u are thinking

• Thats not my pic

• Mmmm yes thats the one i was talking about wow im starting to think u were the one in my dream lol okay well as soon as I take my lunch or like I said if I can finish up a little bit early I will definitely send you what it was about by the way my name is Steve

• Call me lol

• Well, having never been in a relationship, I'd say that you should hang with friends more, and just have a bit of fun. Also, you can now sleep down the middle of the bed, or alternate the side you sleep on. #TheJoysOfSingleLife

Simples...

• Hit the gym, get All Kindz Of Gainz. Travel the world and enjoy life. Play video games and do live twitch streams. Learn something new like video editing, photoshop cs6, or new language. Keep your self and mind busy.

• Get a baby sitter join a Swingers club for the evening.

• Fuck me

• Learn to enjoy solitude

• Sounds lonely

• Then you should def buy "Anthem" have you even seen the trailer of that game? That game is seriously fucking gorgeous.
      or try other games, like : Sniper ghost warrior 3, or Dishonored 1 and 2. etc

• Never heard of any of those lol but ill looke em up

• Cisco?

• I think you should enjoy your live go to holiday. Do any thing you love to do but not doing in the past

• Find a cute guy and ravage him obviously lol

• Well now you are free from the cage congrats for that so first thing that you have to do in my opinion is this that do everything when u are not able to do in that relationship. Enjoy have fun and again congrats for your freedom

• Make new friends. Party hard. Make the most of life. Make ur life better.

• Play video games, that's what I've done for the entirety of my single life aka my entire life

• HAVE a good conversation with "broken" people. and help them to get out that pain

• I would go on a weekend trip in a hotel somewhere...

• Sounds relaxing

• Yep, just pick a direction and drive for a minimum of two hours and where you end up you end up. Then just read a book, watch TV, hit the pool, and or just walk the area...

• Celebrate with friends!

• Lol all my friends are married

• Nope no guys i dont want that at all right now. But arcade sounds fun

• Just do what you like 👍 and you'll have fun. What else do you like doing?

• Anything fun

• 23 mom

• Yes i had her when i was 19 she's 3 years old i hadn't turned 20 yet cuz she was born in jan n my bday isn't till may she's my pride and joy and i wouldn't have it any other way.

• Havd a cup of wine

• You should hmu ;)

• Party.

• Text me on snap chat lol

• Take a holiday trip

• Get in contact with me

• Have some you time, relationships can be stressful

• More from Guys
    8

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13