Why do people think they can do as they please without consequence?

m a very private person. I’m social and outgoing, some say bubbly, personable, and charming. Underneath it all, I’m very private. I don’t trust easily & I keep most things to myself. That being said, I created a Gag profile to really unleash & be myself without backlash. So, I “met” a man on Gag ( I know 🤦🏼‍♀️). by the way, I’ve never used any dating sites or met anyone online- never needed to & I want a man who has the cajones to approach me.
So, I found someone online that I was unbelievably compatible with & attracted to- I couldn’t believe it!! But... I always thought it was too good to be true & it was. He never realized that I was paying attention & I knew the truth. I was one of many. I caught feelings but I’m not blind. Yeah, it hurt. A lot. I knew it what it was for a while though. So 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m not a revolving door & he tried to go in and out of my life a few times before this last blow up and tried to blame me.

I want to know why people do this? Why pretend you really love & care about someone? And why do people think they can come and go in your life?Why do people think they can do as they please without consequence?Why do people think they can do as they please without consequence?Why do people think they can do as they please without consequence?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he blew it it's hard to find someone like you because it sounds like you have a good heart and you're a good person with in and the bonus is wanting to unleash there's nothing wrong with that I myself am looking for the same thing so let me ask you a question I would love to approach you but do I have to go to the cojones store to buy cojones and what happens if they're out what's the next best thing

• This comment 🤣🤣🤣👌🏻👌🏻

It seems that you already have all the cojones you need 😏😉

• Exactly! I kept all of this anonymous intentionally. No one knew who he was & that’s how I wanted it. Sent me text messages after I posted my question and continued to post on Gag & text me. I made the right choice to be reserved. And like you said, angry. What type of person who claims to care and love someone behaves this way?
      Tbh, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was omg replying to solidify some manipulative, lying angle with some other chick.

Sick people. Sick people

• Well u know him best it almost sounds like you're a girlfriend boyfriend affect many is like a non-commitment type relationship you don't hurt each other you make each other feel good unconditionally as a matter of fact there was one of the best type of relationships to have but somebody must have said I love you I miss you or I want you

What Guys Said 11

• Maybe some people just don't have a conscience, or at least it's dumbed down when they interact with others via online aka non face to face/non personal. There's an element of online interaction that makes some bold and not considering the consequences of their words or actions. Of course not everyone is like this and it's unfortunate if you happen to be the victim of a bad case. Careful vetting usually is the only way to prevent this from happening again.

• I hear you and I did pay close attention & saw the truth. I had already caught feelings at that point. It sucks- just another lesson learned

• Haha, that’s the story of my life 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️. It’s okay. I never expect much anymore. I got me & I believe in myself and love myself. Thank you for your help

• No problem birdy

• Don't believe what this woman says gentlemen, she likes to play the victim when she doesn't even evaluate her own flaws and mistakes

• That doesn't change the fact that you're a fucking womanizer. Be a fucking man and CHOOSE ONE WOMAN.

• I'm not fluent in millennial.

• I don't know what SMH means.

• I wouldn't know what to say if i ended up as one of those text conversations but the guy is right. What are you doing hurting him and looking for comfort from another guy. He just said the exact same thing i am and I don't know him. He's not a bad guy he's honest. I can't talk bad about a guy that's being real with you. What more could you ask for?

• He wasn’t real. He was doing the same thing to multiple when and trying to pretend that they’re all special. The problem I have is that o opened up & trusted this person with info that I don’t talk about. Again, I’m not looking for anything except answers as to why people feel the need to do this?

Don’t get me wrong. I’ve spoken to many players and I respect that their honesty. I keep my options open but I don’t play with people’s feelings

• Because in their head your not A real person. They haven't physically interacted with you nor jave they known you long enough to care about your feelings. It sucks but you just have to ignore those people and don't take it to heart. I've seen A lot of woman go through this and it just colors their view of men, they start to believe all guys will treat them like the 3 or 4 guys they talked to on the net. That being said he sounds like a tool.

• True, true, true. I don’t believe everyone is like that. I think men are who are essentially losers are like that. I know that women do it too. It’s just kinda wild that people pretend o have feelings when they don’t. Like I said in my post, I’m a very private person. Maybe that’s what made me feel the way I did- finally being able to share. Who knows 🤷🏼‍♀️

• you pointed out perfectly the risk of meeting people online.
      sometimes the other one not treats you as a real person just like an imaginary one.
      it takes real effort to think at the other as a real human being n not your imagination.
      .
      but that's why you have conversations. and sharing REAL things from your life. pictures, video, calls.
      that will make it real.

• @LunaJ

We did all of those things. Sick people are just sick

• People are scum. And water is wet.

• You deserve better keep hoping ♥️

• Most people don’t know how they feel. It’s not their fault! They just bounce around from thought and thought without ever really thinking.

He probably just lost interest in you sweetie. Whether or not he was talking to other girls aside; you just didn’t hold his attention.

• This went much deeper than “holding someone’s attention” lmao. I’m not going to blast my entire private life on Gag.

• Not to mention, four or five days ago he called me on the phone crying and telling me how much he loves me and how sorry he is for hurting me. He just gets off on playing with people’s emotions.
      In the back of mind, I was thinking that was all bullshit and i was much more reserved even though I still loved him. I’m not a pathetic idiot

• I hate to use the no true Scotsman fallacy, but he's not a real man. He's a cocky little shit who likes to play games with women because of his insecurities.

• Your comment is on point

• I'm not like that

• Some people don't care about anyone but themselves unfortunately

• So true.

I’m really hoping that someone who does this will respond and give some insight as to why they’re inclined to do things like this

• If it doesn’t, it’s cool. I have an idea of why people do it. They’re emotionally stunted, it makes them feel good, and they get something from it.
      I only feel pity for people like this. It’s sad really.

• Sounds right

• i donmt know

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know who had what evidence or what even happened so I can't really speculate on all that. I do know that meeting people online is almost always not what you expected

• It’s ok. I should have expected it. It’s ultimately my fault. I knew better but wishful thinking got the best of me.
      I’m only human, ya know?

• And yes Goddess J, he told me that he couldn’t trust me because I wouldn’t send nudes. He knew I was real. I sent him Snaps of my face and body with clothes on. That was just some bs.

I’m not an internet hoe so nope. There are so many people who end up online and those pics haunt them forever. Obviously, I made the right choice. He was a fake, lying, angry bird.

• i think your insecurities ruined it.
    - yes it's possible that a guy talks with other girls. why you think he can't have the same thought about you?
    it's all about TRUSTING the person
    - if he pays attention to you, remembers at small things about you (like that i shiver from bugs), it means he cares
    - player guy yes, tells you words what he thinks you might like (like the love you, cutie... whatever) but he would do it not long after your conversation started. and you can feel it's not genuine

• TBH, I don’t have any insecurities unless protecting my feelings is an insecurity

Look, I know players. I know the game. I’m not mad at it.
      This was more than that. I shared some very, very deep info that I don’t share with anyone (my mistake). So, of course when I realized that it was something that he always does that really bothered me. I didn’t expect him not flirt and he should t expect that from me.
      I don’t really flirt online much though. Men hounding me everyday doing errands is more than enough. I thought it was something different. That’s all

No worries. I’m ok. I’m good at being alone. I’m referring to being alone inside, to clarify. I think being private and not sharing is always the best way to go & this experience solidifies it

• lol, you don't even realize what you doing. wtf you doing here then? why you posted your story? then you get hurt when people say the guy was right? you had a relationship. connection between people called relationship. going official or not is an other thing.
      you wanted to prove yourself right.
      you can't listen to others, acting rude n play the victim, yet claiming that you're right n you're so happy about your life.
      you aren't happy. if you were happy you would act nice with everyone everyone even when you disagree.
      that means a grown up personality, what you don't have

• I’m not being rude. You can’t hear my tone of voice and I’m straight to the point.

I wasn’t telling the story from the angle that you or that guy keep trying to push. I noticed that on GAG though. People go off on different tangents and get away from the original question.
      My question was why do people do things like this? What motivates them?

What is with you people trying to convince me what I think or feel?
      I only gave backstory because in my experience on GAG, without it, people don’t answer the question. Well, that has happened EVEN WITH the backstory. Smh

I am happy. Life isn’t like that. My world doesn’t crumble over a guy that I had a brief connection with and a false one at that. There are so many wonderful things in my life and I’m grateful.

• Dumb assholes but what do u expect from pple here these things usually don't work u just shouldn't give a shot in the first place

• Ignorance

• People are too self entitled