Why do people think they can do as they please without consequence?

m a very private person. I’m social and outgoing, some say bubbly, personable, and charming. Underneath it all, I’m very private. I don’t trust easily & I keep most things to myself. That being said, I created a Gag profile to really unleash & be myself without backlash. So, I “met” a man on Gag ( I know 🤦🏼‍♀️). by the way, I’ve never used any dating sites or met anyone online- never needed to & I want a man who has the cajones to approach me.
So, I found someone online that I was unbelievably compatible with & attracted to- I couldn’t believe it!! But... I always thought it was too good to be true & it was. He never realized that I was paying attention & I knew the truth. I was one of many. I caught feelings but I’m not blind. Yeah, it hurt. A lot. I knew it what it was for a while though. So 🤷🏼‍♀️
I’m not a revolving door & he tried to go in and out of my life a few times before this last blow up and tried to blame me.

I want to know why people do this? Why pretend you really love & care about someone? And why do people think they can come and go in your life?
12
5