Does the friend zone exist?

So me and my ex broke up like 3 or 4 months and stopped talking. We recently ran into each other at the store and it was super awkward. She texted me saying you looked good today. I hope everything is going well so I just replied simply and we've been talking since then. Almost hooked up the other day but she backed out last minute. Today she texted me saying she misses me and regrets breaking up but just wants to be friends.

• Yes
  • No
  • In some cases
    Vote C

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, I think it's a concept made up because people, usually girls, mention being friends with their rejection because it's a way to soften the rejection. But those who get that sort of rejection seem to get pissed and blow it out of proportion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ikd if this can be applied in your case.. But i always get in the friendzone first becouse i have to build trust, show her that i'm communicative and then i advance slowly.. It's like a game of chess. I don't know, your case it's weird and if it wouldn't be 5 a. m. maybe I could've give a proper answer, but maybe I'll be back after some sleep with that answer

• That's the goal! I mean we dated already and got to know each other but hoping to build that stuff back

• What was the main reason of ending the relationship?

• Just needed a break cause it was a hard time for both of us.

What Girls Said 2

• The "Friend Zone" exists. Are you in it? No.

She's Texas, and you're a Mexican near a very weak entrance to the border.

• It exists

What Guys Said 1

• Until I was on the wrong side of 30, it was normal for women to put me in the Friend Zone.