His parents forbid us from dating and now we aren't together?

I'm a few years older than him. We are both young (20 and 17). Basically, we met, hung out many many times as friends and realized we really liked each other, he asked me out, we kissed had an amazing first date. We vibe so well and then he tells me "my parents won't approve of this, they hate big age differences". And he was really sad about it and said they talked and his parents would not allow us to date. Next day he texts me and says "screw my parents i want to be with you". I asked him if he was sure because I didn't want him to ruin his relationship with his parents over me. He didn't care he just wanted to be with me... few days later his parents read our texts (major invasion of privacy and I was embarrassed). They told him he was forbidden from seeing me (get this.. not even because he's minor.. it's literally just because of the number- 3 years difference). I'm so hearbroken right now. I really liked him I was falling for him. He was falling for me. But he said there's nothing he can do. He still messages me and it hurts every time I see my phone light up with his name, but at the same time I crave it because I miss him. Please.. tell me what to do. I feel hopeless. Should I stop responding to him? Should I continue talking to him even though we will most likely never be together? I'm scared he'll stop contacting me all together. I just want him to say he'll try and convince his parents.. but I don't know if he ever will :(

12

What Guys Said 2

• Why should few year a goes forbid

• That's weird. Leave the kid alone

What Girls Said 1

• Then what's the point trying? Your putting him in a difficult situation to choose between you and his parents. Which isn't fair. It's better just cutting contact, at least for now til you both find better partners

• you're right :( it just hurts

• It always does :/