Should I break up with my boyfriend or not?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 2 years and out of no where he telling me i have to many animals I need to lose weight I need to wear more makeup and today he should i just need to stop being me and be a different more pretty girl I really did love him but now I don't know opinions would really help

626

Most Helpful Guy

• Break with him.

You don't say to a woman to wear more makeup, if you think that it's because
    1. He don't find you enough attractive
    2. He thinks and is always looking for better
    3. He is a douche bag if he say it and it's the case

Who gives a shit that you have 3 cats and dogs, the only people that piss off for that are those not well with themselves and that always see an issue and it's toxic.

And he already cheated and I'm pretty sure that not one time.

There is a lot of woman that are open to open relation, you're in LA.

So he just don't gives a fuck.

Most Helpful Girl

• If that was me, I would leave him. I'm not going to stay with a guy who doesn't love me for who I am. I'd suggest you leave him if he isn't happy with you. Or maybe he's going through something and he's just being negative all of the sudden. Talk to him about it and if he's still an asshole then it's best to leave him. You'll find someone don't worry. Good luck!

What Guys Said 25

• That’s a hard decision that’s ultimately up to you, he shouldn’t ask all that. At least tell him to stop it, if he continues then no one would blame you for dumping him. He knew who he was dating so he shouldn’t want you to change suddenly. Best of luck!

• Thanks. When I ask him to please stop he just tells me to shut up or he will just call one of his other girls

• Yea he comes home drunk pretty much every day

• That’s just not good for anyone. He’s toxic to himself and anyone around him. I know it may be hard because you love him but it would do him a favor if you were to leave. But also make sure to stay safe

• Jake is that picture on your profile you if so you are absolutely gorgeous he's not your boyfriend he's going to be your nightmare he's a control freak doesn't know how to communicate heading towards being a bully if he says he loves you that is not love I think I would have to tell him grow some bigger balls you got a big fat mouth and you need to go find yourself a girlfriend because this one is gone you don't want anybody in this world to ever say those things to you or treat you that way like I said if that's your picture you're gorgeous

• Thank you and yes that's my picture

• Its none of my business but you should never let anybody treat you the way he does it sounds like you're busy like himself so how's it going to like you

• Next time he says something like this ask him "Would you like a different girlfriend?"

• Verbal abuse and pointing out concerns are two very different things. Sounds to me forcing you to change yourself is not an ideal relationship if the original was built on it and was working out just fine. If it keeps going in the negatives then you need to drop it before you dig a deeper hole and can't back out of it

• I hate makeup.. You are so beautiful without it girl.. You are awesome the way you are hon.. time to change your guy

• Seriously. That's pretty fucked up. But I wait to see if he says that shit again. If he does, leave his rude ass.

• Thanks for your advice. Just a few minutes ago he's texting someone and I ask who it was and he just saying in his words just a hot girl he met

• Yea very. I am packing all his stuff and throwing him out

• That could explain why he's saying all that shit. But in my country we have a saying, "What you think when you're sober, you say when you're drunk." But you don't need to deal with his drunk ass. I was gonna say, if he's living with you just throw all his clothes out onto the street.

• no stay in relationship. he's just comfortable around you now.

• Well the thing is he comes home drunk all the time

• Well I don't know if I want to date someone who threatens me or throws stuff and I haven't told anyone yet but I'm pregnant and I don't want my baby's life growing up in fear or being yelled at for nothing like he does me

• he's prolly black

• He is trying to control and change you against your will, dump him.

• Sounds like a dickhead, I'd drop him. Ask him if there is something wrong, if not I'd just hit the road

• in my opinion, maybe you should lose some weight but other than that just keep being yourself and if he's not interested he will leave

• Thanks I guees

• I guess I should have put in my question I'm pregnant and tells me to lose weight because of that but I kinda can't help that

• well yeah you shouldve cause it makes a huge difference...

anyway, I've been looking at other comments and seen that he comes home drunk throws stuff around and yells at you.
      he's not a father yet and he already sucks at it + you're together for only 2 years and you're already hesitating about your future with him.
      so do what you gotta do and dont look back

• Well he shouldn't have been with you in the first place if he really liked you the way you are. He either didn't know or was crazy. O recommend leaving him.

• Discuss your concerns with him and come to an agreement. If you can't come to an agreement then pick the best course of action.

• well i will leave him if i am at your shoe
    i really can't stand people who always tell me what to do , or not , lol

• If I ask him to stop saying that he tells me to shut up or he will just call one of his other girls

• If you have to ask the answer is obvious

• The thing is I want to leave him but I don't want to leave him if that makes sense

• Well, if you don't you'll be miserable and if you do you'll be miserable also, but just for a short time.

• Yea I guess I should have never trust him we dated for a year when I was 16 and he cheated but we were just kids and then started dating again

• Find someone who loves you exactly how you are.

• If you even have to ask yourself, just move on.

• Seems pretty clear. I'd suggest dropping him if this is how it is between you two

• do what the man says.

• If your thinking about it then yes.

• No you should convince him about your feelings. And you should also listen what he says.

• I say you break up with him f he doesn't like you for you. (How many animals do you have? )

• Yeah you should break up he maybe got bore from you

• Ask him why hé says this. Is he ashamed of doesn't hé like you anymore.

• He's crazy. leave his punkass and I'll be your best

• Ditch the shit. That guy is toxic af

What Girls Said 5

• I would break up with him. He'll be getting exactly what he's asking for.

• Yea your probably right. I just don't get it we had been talking about kids and getting married and then he starts this

• You're welcome. Good luck to you.

• What a jerk, with friends like that who needs enemies? Kick him to the curb and move on to someone who appreciates you

• I would drop his ass...

• If you need to ask this question, then you should leave him...

• Break up