Have you ever dated a person and later wondered what did you even see in them?

Or not even later, did you realise that while you were dating? Did it cause you to break up? What do you think was the cause, maybe you idolized them too much and they didn't live up to it?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not sure
    Vote C
  • Results
    Vote D

720

Most Helpful Guy

• For sure. An ex of mine was an absolute terror. I got blinded by his charm and didn't notice until it was too late that the guy was bad news. He would lie to me about anything and everything, threatened my friends and pressured me into sex with him on multiple occasions. At that point I was just too afraid of what he would do at the time to break up with him and he would try his best to lure me back in anytime I got close to trying. When I eventually did... it did not go over well and he continues to try to make my life a misery even now nearly two years later. The strangest part was a time I remember him talking with me and mentioning with a chuckle that he thought he might be a psychopath. I didn't want to believe him, I tried for the three years that we dated to believe that he was a good, loving person beneath it all, but I wasn't seeing him as he really was.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yesss. I thought we were perfect together. I think my 14 year old self still believed in fairy tales, and I fell in love with the idea of what I wanted him to be instead of coming to terms with what he really was like. Looking back he disgusts me. He used to take advantage of me and my parent's money. Last I checked, he still has nothing going for him. Bullet dodged.

What Guys Said 19

• I think we all too often form these ideas or personas, consisting of what we THINK the person is. Eventually that idea or persona is shattered by the actions of the actual person, and sometimes it turns out that the traits that we liked in the person only existed in that persona.

• Not so much as dated, but women I had a big crush on. I'm 26 now. This may sound funny to say, but the best time of my life was in high school.

In high school, I had a lot of friends, I was working, I was hanging out with my friends often and by the time junior and senior year came around, we were already going out to college parties. Lol.

In college, I didn't make any friends and I didn't meet any women. I would only meet people in class, and then when the class ended, I would never see them again. So... college wasn't that great to me.

Anyway... in high school, I had a crush on quite a bit of women every year, leading up to my senior year. These women are still on my Facebook page.

The other day, on Facebook, I was looking back at the these women and I started to wonder to myself, "why the hell did I pine over them?" They seemed so average, typical and not even worth my time.

• I feel like after time we tend to gloss over the bad things and see only good ones but I guess you could see more clearly

• I've found myself boning and bitches and during the act thinking to myself "What the hell am I doing? This bitch is a pig. God I hope nobody finds out about this."

• It was always a type. The go clubbing type.

• All the time.. still happens.

• Only once and those were the cheesy middle school relationship. I don't know if I'd call those dates though.

• My bitchwhore ex wife...

• I really haven't been through relationship since I'm young, but I hope you feel better soon. :)

• Yes.

• Once but she's dead so Ii can't take anything bacl

• Saw their cervix. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

• Yea once you get to know someone very well you think they changed or something cuz we fall for our Idea of how this person is while in fact they r different not the way we perceive them at the first place

• Happened once with me!!!

• Just about all of them

• Oh yes

• Usually it was alcohol fault lol

• No. Usually it was availability

• I dated a girl, who later told me she was just "using me" until her current boyfriend, got out of jail. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and what I ever saw in her

• Nope, that shows lack of good judgment. I know exactly what I saw in them. It was wanted from the very beginning. Sex.

What Girls Said 6

• My two exes for sure. The one looks like a creep and was obsessed with his Xbox, and the other thinks he's the greatest when in actuality all he wants is a girl who will just put out for him.

• I'm sorry but all guys have their toys :3 even girls do

• @JayCee22 tell you a secret

• Ok tell me

• I've made poor decisions. Besides, to quote chris rock, first few months you only meet the representative. You don't. eet the real person, who is desparate and demanding and jealous and hostile and a total drunk. Yup! Dated that guy a few times ;)

• Yess. Seriously, I think I was blinded or something because he made the relationship very toxic. I thought he was the best. Looking back now, he disgusts me.

• funny

• Didn't want to hurt his feelings...

• Yeah