If your ex girlfriend wrote you a letter would you read it?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years last week. I want to write him a letter to explain all the thoughts in my head and feelings I wasn't able to properly communicate to him. I never wanted it to be over but he started treating me poorly and I got tired of it. I just want to get everything on paper to him in a nonthreatening way and hope it makes an impact I guess.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure if I'd read it, depends how the breakup and the relationship before it went. But sometimes doing things like that, just getting it out of your system, can be cathartic and just what you need to move on.

• Our relationship has been beautiful until about the last 5 months. We told each other often we were soul mates. I loved him so much, still do. The breakup... he was angry and said very hurtful mean things but I was so tired of everything I was completely calm. I purposely did not yell or use profanity. He wouldn't listen to anything I said. Which is why I feel like I had so many unsaid things that are eating me up.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes I will read it. what do you expect from him afterwards?

• Expect from him... I'm not really sure. The wounds are fresh I'm still emotional but rational enough to know there may not be any reconciliation. Ideally I guess I'd like him to read it, understand where I'm coming from and maybe have some remorse for his part

• I will suggest not to write him or send him anything. emotions are raw and you might say things in the heat of the moment and you might end up regretting saying them. for now, just take time to heal alone. the more contact u have with him, the harder it is for you to let go and move on.

• Thank you lady for the advice. I appreciate it. I don't mean to sound like I never make mistakes, I do but one thing I have learned through the years is how to filter my tongue when getting my thoughts out to the man I love. I'm confident I won't regret anything I would say to him. But I flat out asked if I wrote him a letter would he read it. He responded. Said he would and was actually thinking of writing me one as well. I hope we can both learn a little something and heal and move on if that's what's best for both of us

What Guys Said 3

• Write it , read it, see if you still want to send it after. You might just need to say it to yourself

• I will or i won't depends on my mood actually but i won't take it seriously cause there's a reason that she is my ex

• If just few words

What Girls Said 1

• Yes I will read it. Why not