How can you tell if he's cheating?

I have been with this guy for a couple months. He says he loves me we are going to be moving in together soon. I have trust issues I guess you could say I have been cheated on before and it makes it hard for me to trust someone. I saw a chat he was having with a guy friend not the whole thing just 2 lines that said what did he do on his lunch break and my boyfriends reply was " I fu'd her. I am afraid to ask him about it. Is there some way that I can tell if he's cheating on me? I don't know how to ask him I don't want him to get mad at me.. is there a way to know for sure if he's cheating?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to just be straight up with him and ask him about it. Other clues that guys give when they're cheating is if they're sensitive about questions you ask them, never really leaving their phone out (so you can't get a hold of it and read something bad), sometimes they'll be really sweet one day trying to make up for the fact that they know they did something bad by cheating. All that type of stuff. You just need to ask him though, it'll only get more difficult as time goes on, and it will always be lingering in the back of your mind, so it's best if you approach him about it now.

What Guys Said 1

• A lot of girls are recommending just asking him straight out. Guys who cheat get good at lying about it. You need to see the rest of that text message without him knowing.

What Girls Said 3

• ask him straight out. find out from his friends. I admit I'm good at manipulating people to tell me the truth about things and I have asked around my bf's friends before and they were quite fun to get them to tell the truth that he was cheating. at the same time, try to be emotionally level when dealing with this issue. that was a pretty random thing to say by him.

• Oh my God! Babe, that's crazy. He is not very good at hiding things.

You really really should just ask. Say "Hey listen, I saw what you said on the chat the other day and you said you F'ed someone on your lunchbreak, it has be worried."

I mean he may lie, but at least you will be able to know if he starts sweating or darting eye contact.

If he was joking, he shouldn't get mad at you for asking, you have reasons!

• I agree with WayTooPopular on this one. Like he said, "guys who cheat get good at lying about it". Do you have any red flags? Or is this the first one? Now "chat" on computer or a text on the phone? Because at least on the phone you could probably get a hold of it some how.

However, you have been cheated on before. You have to understand and be willing to let him go with out all the crap that goes along with it. Be prepared for whatever you find.

Good Luck and I hope it wasn't about him cheating.