Have you ever been heartbroken before?

Today I just got heartbroken. My boyfriend told me that he "liked me" but "didn't love me" and he felt he had to be honest about it. He didn't want to lie to me. He said he needs "space" but that essentially means a breakup. Basically I'm getting mixed signals and I don't know if it's gonna last.

I don't want to share too many details because the situation is quite complicated and he has own issues that he needs to solve. Even though I feel like absolute shit, I am confident I can get through this by doing what I'm passionate about, talking to friends and most importantly, focusing on my college career. I'm so proud of myself for being able to drive after a breakup. I swallowed my tears, took deep breaths, turned on my favorite radio station, and just drove where I needed to go lol. I'm just processing everything step by step.

I kind of wrote this question not to draw sympathy but to just to say that if any of you are going through heartbreak that it's okay to feel sad. You can't really control whatever ends up happening in a relationship but you learn a lot from it. You learn about yourself, what caring for another person is really like, and you learn what is right for you. And this goes for people who are single too or haven't been in a relationship before. Being in a good relationship with a good person feels amazing but it is not all that it's hyped up to be and all you have to do is to take it slow and love yourself before you love anyone else. That's all I have to say, y'all.

Any stories to share?
Have you ever been heartbroken before?
3
3