Have you ever been heartbroken before?

Today I just got heartbroken. My boyfriend told me that he "liked me" but "didn't love me" and he felt he had to be honest about it. He didn't want to lie to me. He said he needs "space" but that essentially means a breakup. Basically I'm getting mixed signals and I don't know if it's gonna last.

I don't want to share too many details because the situation is quite complicated and he has own issues that he needs to solve. Even though I feel like absolute shit, I am confident I can get through this by doing what I'm passionate about, talking to friends and most importantly, focusing on my college career. I'm so proud of myself for being able to drive after a breakup. I swallowed my tears, took deep breaths, turned on my favorite radio station, and just drove where I needed to go lol. I'm just processing everything step by step.

I kind of wrote this question not to draw sympathy but to just to say that if any of you are going through heartbreak that it's okay to feel sad. You can't really control whatever ends up happening in a relationship but you learn a lot from it. You learn about yourself, what caring for another person is really like, and you learn what is right for you. And this goes for people who are single too or haven't been in a relationship before. Being in a good relationship with a good person feels amazing but it is not all that it's hyped up to be and all you have to do is to take it slow and love yourself before you love anyone else. That's all I have to say, y'all.

Any stories to share?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yah, there was a girl with whom I was ready to be in a committed relationship. We flirted, kissed and used to spend night together. She used to hear out my problems and encouraged me. I thought she was the one. But when I asked her out, she said she was 'STRAIGHT'. I was shocked and heartbroken at the same time. Now she is still my friend but I keep distance with her.

What Guys Said 3

• Your boyfriend is all over the place dana. I told you to dump his ass that night but you didn't listen. Not trying to rub it in your face saying I told you so but letting you know that you should listen to the people who are more experienced. You're 18, attractive, and in college.. you'll find someone else.

Not really one to give emotional talks but I was cheated on while I was in the Marine Corps after being with her for three years. I met who you know who already and our relationship is 10x better. If I got past that, you can easily get past what you're going through.

Think about it, you're surrounded by attractive single guys every day at college. I was in the Marine Corps infantry only surrounded by other men all day and all night. You have 10x more opportunity and you weren't with him nearly as long. If I can get past it and find someone better, then you can. Logic tells me that you'll meet someone else.

• Wow, I can't believe I wrote this only 3 days ago. We are getting along just fine now but I can't lie about stuff I didn't like. Sometimes he's impulsive and I'm convinced he has a drinking problem but I can't know for sure. There was one time he was a bit controlling. I talked to my friend once on the phone and all of a sudden he took my phone away from me. He acted really weird with her, almost insulting her. He was "just joking" but at that moment I wanted to talk her one-on-one. The way he acted was unlike his usual sense of humor. I told him I didn't appreciate that and thank God he never did anything like that again. I almost broke up with him for it. Besides that crap, he is a good guy. He's genuine, looks out for me, and shows he cares. I'm a good judge of character and I just think he is young, like me, and is as confused as I am. We are not in a very serious relationship. We decided to take things slower than usual since we kinda rushed in the beginning.

• I really like him but there are a few things I can't forget. We went to a party recently and when we got back to his room, he was really drunk and kept telling me that he cares about me and wants to be in a serious relationship with me, but "can't commit to me because he doesn't know what he wants and wants to fuck everyone else." I don't even know, a lot of it made sense but didn't make sense. He also said he wants to fuck me more often, which I'm fine with, but I hate those moments that I have to talk to him when he's so fucked up. He's just into a lot of risky behavior including fighting and stealing, who knows what, and sometimes, it's hard to tell what he's really thinking. Most guys hide it well. It's only when he's drunk he would tell me how he's feeling. His friend always defends him and tells me that he's going through a lot. But if he doesn't make up his fucking mind, I'm going to leave him cuz I'm tired of giving him 2nd chances.

• I had a crush on a girl from 7th standard she likes me as well but doesn't love me actually she had a bad past with her ex so now it's hard for her to love another guy I love her a lot n i have expressed my feelings for her as well but she says if its in our destiny to b together we will be sad but true so I'm waiting for her not even sure if she'll love me or not lol😅

• Very nice sagation

What Girls Said 2

• Damn girly you have a heart of gold!

• Yes. I liked this guy for two years and we started going out. He out of the blue told me he didn't want to talk anymore.