Scared that I may have to break my love's heart?

Hello all. I've been dating what seems to be the love of my life for almost two years now. However, we got into a huge argument for the fourth time about his motivation in life. When I met him, we were in college preparing to go to PA school. Since we graduated, he has not initiated any type of move to do so (like shadowing a PA, studying for the GRE, obtaining letter of recs etc). I got him a job so he can get paid clinical hours to meet one criteria of PA school. One thing to note is my boyfriend was on anti-depressants and no longer is. I have discovered he told me many lies over the past couple of months. He does not have health insurance because he cannot afford it. He told me he'd go to the gym more to help not being on anti-depressants and when I asked him why he isn't going, he said he can't afford it. He also had to take out credit lines to pay his credit overdraft fees. I told him to take money out of his stocks to pay off his credit cards and be debt free. He said sure! He never did it until I DID IT FOR HIM! When I told him about studying for PA school, he said how he needs me to tell him what to do and I flat out said I cannot do everything for him which I probably have been. I thought I was helping but I'm now enabling him. I told him if he can't get his act together, then it's over between us. Since then, I've been feeling weary of our situation and relationship. He made some progress though it's been a couple of days now. Should I stick around to see how he changes? Should I end it though it'd hurt the both of us? Should I discuss my feelings about our relationship? Help!!

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if he's making progress I'd stick around. But if it's just to pull the wool over my eyes I'd probably start packing not all at once but. Enough for them to notice. Even put housing books on the coffee table. But first thing I'd do is get him on his meds again sounds like depression I. Full swing.

FYI: this my be the way he is for the rest of his life when shit gets hard. Therapy my help. And "dog training" my be needed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes , please wait and discuss! Don't ruin a relationship just because you guys are facing something difficult... life isn't easy, relationships arnt easy !! In a world of people who can't stay loyal and committed you guys made it through for 2 years don't just let go just because times are hard

What Guys Said 2

• Discuss and wait for progress

• Thank you! I believe I want to do this, I think I'm just feeling confused since the conversation is fresh. At least I know I will give it all I have.

• I know it a hard situation but if he can be willing to change then have faith in him

• If you truly love him yes, but quit enabling him

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he might still be depressed. Apathy is a common sign.