Why can't I get over him?

At the start of this year my friends with benefits (we'd been friends for a year prior to sex) told me he didn't want to sleep with me anymore because he "couldn't do feelings right now". A month later he got a girlfriend which pissed me off and hurt my feelings a lot. I realized this meant I must've liked him so I told him I was cutting him off. I went no contact, stopped replying to his texts, unfollowed him on social media, didn't ask about him from mutual friends. All the things you're supposed to do I did. And for a while it seemed like I was getting better.

He broke up with this girl after 3 months and about a month after messaged me out of the blue telling how much he missed me and how horrible his life had been without me. Claiming he just wanted my friendship back. He told me he'd never wanted to hurt me which is why he stopped sleeping with me in the first place. He told me he'd never liked this girl and that he'd just 'needed something' whatever that means.

Of course this fucked me all the way back up but I told him we could try to reclaim the friendship but it would require work. A week after we had this conversation I found out he'd gone away for a weekend with the ex girlfriend he apparently didn't give a shit about. So I went a bit crazy and blocked him on all my social media accounts.

That was two months ago now. I did end up unblocking him and sending him a messaging explaining exactly how and why he hurt me and why I blocked him but he never replied and now when I see him around he can't even meet my eyes. His ex-gf left the country (she was an exchange student)

I just feel broken. I still care for him deeply and I do honestly miss his friendship. But I know he's immature and going to keep disappointing me so there's no real point trying to salvage it. I don't know what to do though I've done everything I'm supposed to. Distracted myself with work and friends got rid of any reminders but I can't stop thinking about it. What do I do in this situation?

01

What Guys Said 1

• The simple and shallow answer (yet effective) would be find somebody who fucks you better than he did.

What Girls Said 0