Domestic abuse?

Im in a domestic abuse situation. Im a stay at home mum with no qualifications. 6 kids. He owns the house. He provides everything. I realise now that it was to control me. Im worried if i go to the police i will loose everything. My children. Shelter. I have mental health issues and he could use this against me to gain custody of the children. As well as the fact that i have no income or home of my own.

What do i do?
Whats likely to happen if i go to the police?
Will i be homeless without my children?
Will they be taken from me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would kill him I was there he deserves death abuse shouldn't happens period I really hope you find a way out 💝

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t think they’ll take the kids, but you need to find a job even if it’s at McDonald’s to support your kids remember is not only YOU who’s suffering your kids are suffering too.

What Guys Said 3

• Is he physically beating you? Because simply being a housewife doesn't mean he's "controlling you". What is actually going on? Hard to give advice if we don't know

• Domestic abuse isn't just about violence.
      There is also financial and emotional abuse.

• In case you hadn't noticed, this is the first time you have actually explained what was going on. You never said he hit you, you never went into any of the abuse. All you'd said was that your a housewife and that abuse isn't always physical. I think you can see why I reacted the way that I did.

I wasn't judging you without an explanation, I was just going off of the information that you gave me. I can't know if you're actually being abused unless you actually tell me what's going on.

• From my perspective it just looked like a housewife that wanted to leave her husband and take the kids

• No, all will be fine... go to police station...

• I think you are better than that and you should think about leaving him seriously

What Girls Said 1

• No you and your children will be protected.
    Please get the help that you need