Whats the best way to get over your first break up?

Ok Seriously no jokes. I was in a relationship 14 years... Since I was 15, it became very unhealthy for us both after HE cheated... I tried for kids 2 years. We been split 7 months now.. I can't move on... I don't know how.. Him and kids was my whole world... I got a job, I am about to start school, I have NO FAMILY limited friends, I am main provider of kids he does not take them at all, I dont want to care any more. I dont want any one else right now but I dont want to care about him... Any advice? I know Im PATHETIC 30 my first break up on a site like this but forgive me.

216

Most Helpful Guy

• As cold as it sounds the best thing for you to do is not to give a damn this world isn't worth stressing over and we don't live long enough lives you either learn from the past and use it to grow or you lament over what is already done and you let it eat you up inside only you can decide what to do on this take a couple days reflect on your life and decide what's the best course of action otherwise you'll be stuck regretting this for the rest of your life there are no easy answers and nobody else knows you better than you so you gotta make this decision for yourself

Most Helpful Girl

• Forgive you for what? The fact of the matter is if you two wanted to be together that long, then you should have gotten married. That guy didn't care because you already gave him everything that a wife is supposed to give. I know most people don't want to hear this, but there is no law stating that what he did was unlawful. He can cheat because it's okay. He doesn't have to be there of he doesn't want to. But it will be at the expense of paying child support. If thise kids are his. If you want somebody to respect you, then you need to respect yourself first. Now you have 2 kids out of wedlock you will be forced to take care of by yourself. You did all you could do
    I overall commend you for hanging on to the relationship because you do care. But again, premarital sex has it's consequences and this is one of them. All I can say is continue to raise your kids and do your very best.

• Has nothing to do with that baby, he already bought me a house and a 2017 van. Im set... I DONT HAVE TO WORK, We have three birth kids and one adopted daughter. I respect myself PLENTY obviously 😂😂but thank you for that qiuck judgment call... I am the one who didn't want to get married because of other life issues. But ok.. go ahead my bad for putting my business out here.

• Yes, yes I do, you know this from one fucking feelings post.. The post IS HOW DO I MOVE ON NOT FUCKING DEAL WITH CUNTS. Ok Bye!!!

• honey I ain't the one holding you back you're doing it to yourself.

What Guys Said 15

• It happens I've been divorced. It hurts but the best advice is especially in your situation is try and figure out who you are. You clearly missed out on your life when you were young. Then time will help you get over it as well. It's not going to be easy but it does get better.

• Don't even think about reaching out being negative, you are trying and that's the best you can do when. I would first look for solme sort of counseling. Being in a relationship as long as you have been you need to be able to express yourself to someone and check for any possible stresses, think about the 10 most stressful situations and breakups and finances are 2 and 3. Staying busy is great but once you lay down you are your own worse enemy, look at me it's 2 am and can't sleep because I can't get out of my own head. Finding things that keep you busy all day will help you be able to fall asleep later. Lastly, make friends. Find a routine to go out somewhere and do something. Poetry readings, group runs, possible intramural sports. Get active with strangers and make relationships without expressing your past, create new experiences to share with yyour kids. I hope this helps good luck

• That's a tough one & I'm sorry to hear that but time heals all wounds and wounds all heels.

• Start by the words in capital letters.

• Tbh that would need advice from a therapist. An issue like that would take consistent chats. No one liner will help much

• Right im in it. Like I said I got kids Im trying to be healthy through all the pain.. Doesn't mean Im not weak while they lye. Plus side depression is a great weight loss LET THAT ASSHOLE SEE ME HOT 😂😂

• Lol see there's a bright side to just about anything

• It's good to want to be alone. Nothing to be sorry for. Hold your head up high.

• Just be yourself. Give time to yourself. Be in touch with love once parents or friends. Make busy yourself.

• You have to move forward and take care of ur kids

• Focus on the things you enjoy but felt like you had to sacrifice/didn't have time for during the relationship. This'll help you recalibrate to the pre-relationship 'you,' and help you understand certain things you could do better next time

• Move on the way I see it he doesn't want u or the kids I have 2 kids my self I would do anything to c them. If me and my partner split my kids is all I need.

• Take up second affair...

• Don't think about dating someone else instantly calm yourself then find something to do like reading

• I wish it works out for you
    My advice is take time and try to calm down as much as possible

• Lol me calm... Im trying lol Thank you. IM SO SICK of being 30 and feeling like a cry baby over this. I GUESS this is all that true love shit every body talks about lmao

• Come to my place

• Just give it time

What Girls Said 1

• To leave it to time

• Time to leave is what i assume. And yes i have. But my question is how to move on... its been seven months since I left. I can't move on. Im stuck. My world like stopped...