Boyfriend of 1yr might serve Jail time & has no money , do I stay?

My boyfriend of 1yr has been unemployed for a year b/c he hurt him self at work and got a settlement of a large lump sum of money, so he didn’t need to work , plus he was waiting for his shoulder to heal from the surgery he had to get. Now the last 10k of the money he was going To invest but he had to spend it bc he got locked up unexpectedly & needs a good lawyer. He was picking up a substance from his friends uncle to bring to his friend as a favore and that’s how he got locked up. He has NOT been arrested b4 & he might serve sometime being it was a hard drug he got pulled over with b/c he was doing his friend a favor. Now he’s broke, with no job and may possibly go to jail for up to 2years I don't know. What do I do? My mom does not approve of him at all.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Well as much as it sucks, there is not much you can physically do other than provide support for your partner. He made a very poor choice and the fact that he has friends who does hardcore drugs is also another pretty big red flag. Is this someone you can honestly see something long term with? If the answer is yes, the you will have to accept and take it for what it is.

• He did make a poor choice. I no he means well and has a problem saying no. He’s a people pleaser. I hope he learns from this that you can’t say yes to every favore, your right and thank you so much your comment is a big help !!!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• hi, how recently did he blow this ten grand? was it all on a lawyer? have you worked this last year?

• He blew it all on the lawyer n going back n fourth b/c where he got arrested was not local so to go to the court dates we needed hotel money and traveling money

• Yes I work. I worked since 15. But my mom is for my bills, he is getting called from jobs and he went on a few interviews so he should b getting hired soon but his apartment is backed up n he may get evicted. It takes weeks b4 u get your first check from a new job. No he hasn’t been charged yet,

• so all in all you have told me you asked opinions should you stay, no for your own welfare however you are still with him so why are you there as you haven't mentioned the reasons?

• If you love him and want to be with him regardless of his situation then stay. Your mom should not be a factor in your relationship.

• This is tru. I do love him. But Unfortunately I live with my mother... n when he comes over she isn’t rude but she ends up leaving the house. N I’m he is trying to find a job. He got an interview n it went great. He got hired to another job but it’s far so now his rent is building up. What can I do? I don’t want to c my man homeless n I live with my mom I doubt she will allow him to stay with us n pay some rent in the mean time...

• If he's trying to better his situation then that's a good thing. Your mom can leave all she wants but if you're happy with your boyfriend then that's what matters. She's just going to have to get over it.

If not with you, maybe he can arrange to stay with a friend or a family member who lives close by?

• I feel bad for him, if he was loyal to you then you should care about him too. He has no job, no money and if you left him he would have no hope to live.

• Yea I feel terrible. This issues got his license revoked so he struggles with everything. N my mom is not on his side cus she thinks he won’t be able to find a job n contribute if he goes to jail n comes out with a record...

What Guys Said 2

• Leave.

• I agree with your mum he sounds like deadbeat sorry