What to do after a break up?

Just had my girlfriend break up with me. TBH I want to go jump off a cliff but I know I shouldn’t. What should I do to let the pain go away?

59

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly going through the exact same thing, and I have been through the exact same thing, I promise it gets better you have good days and bad days... but it will get better. Hang out with friends and family and people who will make you smile. Cry if you feel like crying, but don't force yourself to lay in bed all day. Write down how you feel so you can get it out. Do things you weren't able to do in a relationship. Work out, create goals for yourself, learn to love being alone. Go on dates when you are ready.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude well if you feel like jumping off a cliff then DO IT... just make sure to open the parachute afterwards or land perfectly in the water (cliff diving is fun yeah lol).

But honestly, nothing like extreme adventure to take he mind off the current situation mate. It sucks, you know it sucks and you don't me to tell you it does. Every generic answer from "time heals all wounds" to "it'll get better when you move on" will help later in life but I KNOW right now they are annoying to hear.

If the break up wasn't bad and or you still want her, the chance is there. But because she broke up with you, she needs space and you should let her contact you. But in the meantime you pick yourself up, keep those depression thoughts at bay and live life, even better than before. Let this pain she's cause you elevate you to new heights so when she returns you're at your best self, rather you get back with her or just enjoy the new you... it's win win.

1st week... eat ice cream, cry, linger in the sadness. Don't fight it.

But week 2, Awaken the beast and never let him go back to sleep. Good luck brother.

What Girls Said 4

• I can imagine that you loved this person a lot, but you have to realize that the person you are missing right now, doesn't miss you, and didn't want to be with you. It is a little harsh, but now is the time that you have to start thinking about yourself, and not the person that broke your heart. Go out, hit the gym, take your dog for a walk, play with your cat, do anything that will keep your mind off of it.

Think about you, and what that girl is missing out on.

• Open yourself up to other people. Find yourself a new girl. Stay busy doing stuff. The more time that passes the easier it gets. It's hard and will be for awhile. Good luck

• you should just wait

• Turn to your friends and let them help hou

What Guys Said 8

• Yes this situation sucks and makes you feel down in the dumps but the best advice it to suck it up and move on and try to find someone else who was really meant to be in your life.

All that negativity you are feeling at the moment try to turn it around into being something positive and do not let all those negative feelings make you do something you might regret for the rest of your life.

Have Faith and sooner or later you will meet someone else when you least expect it.

• Guys need to be stronger than women when it comes to feelings and emotions. We need to be able to control our feelings and emotions. Do you understand?

• there's nothing you can do but embrace the suck. Everyone ia going to tell you that you'll get over it and you won't believe them until it happens. Takes time and the only things thatll get rid of the feeling is another girl that you think you might have a chance with or yourself coming to terms with the split

• Go get laid

• Torture myself
    Just stay safe in

• Cut loose and cry it will pass

• Man it happens and it sucks a lot but just move on and give it time till you're ready hope this helped

• Just concentrate on your dreams