Is there a way to never fall in love again?

I know this is a weird question and it may sound a bit childisch.

Everyone I know around me has been loved by someone else, unlike me. No boy ever came up to me and asked me for my number or told me I was cute or something else in that direction. I have to admit I'm very shy, but even those guys who know me better, for example the ones from my class, think that I'm weird (partially because of my sense of humour). It doesn't help either that 2 of my friends are popular and beloved by many guys.

The guys that I liked never liked me back. One of them was an complete ashole and made fun of me but acted all nice infront of others. Which is why I never told anybody for years, since I thought they wouldn't believe me. However he was my first crush and I never had feeling that strong again.

There is no one that ever loves me back but this doesn't stop me from falling for them. It is devestating and my heart hurts. I don't want this anymore neither can I do this any longer. Which is why I am asking what I can do to stop falling in love...Is there a way to never fall in love again??

222

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you talked to your parents? Do you have siblings? A favorite Aunt or best friend? I'm going to tell you that never loving again isn't a solution. Talking to someone you love and trust is the answer to almost any problem you may ever encounter in your life. The reason being there's a good chance that you'll talk to someone who knows a friend who's mother has a best friend who happened to go through the same thing. Talk to someone and your prince charming will be there when you least expect him. GOOD LUCK!

• I have talked to one of my friend, but she has the same problem

• Well you can't just stop loving. Do you know if all men quit asking women out because of hearing "I can't or I have a b. f." this world would either be very lonely or women would ask men out. You're 17, a safe guesstamit would be another 60+ years of life. I wish I could've skipped the heartache but, that's what helps us grow. Just hang in there & try not taking everything personally. This shit happens to all of us.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no way

What Guys Said 21

• Awww it's ok sweetie. I had that happen to me too before when a girl I asked out spread rumors about me and what not so I know how you feel. I'm shy too and have been bullied severally in the past which leaves so many mental marks on me and I am terrible at starting conversations. The words were so hurtful. But a very good friend of mine who is very religious tells me all I have to do is have faith because the wait will be worth it. So I suggest you do the same. Just try to enjoy life by doing things you like and the right boy will come when the time is right😊.

I too have never been asked out by a girl, had a girl blush around me etc. I've only had one strong crush too at the age of 14 but she didn't feel the same way. I was devastated. So bottom line, stay strong, enjoy life and just wait. Love comes when you least expect it.

• I think you might want to focus on how you present yourself. Reasons why guys don't walk up to you might be reasons you aren't even aware of yourself. This is merely an assumption -- I don't know you after all, but maybe you come over intimidating or angry. Maybe you don't smile enough. (guys love smiles) once you assess yourself, you might be surprised to find that your appearance doesn't correlate with your personality. Don't give up on love. You will meet that guy someday who will make you fall in love again.

• You might be right. I do smile (alot πŸ˜€) but rarely around guys cause I often feel uncomfortable. I feel like they are judging me sometimes

• I'm on a desktop and simply hovered over your name and it said it there. Didn't mean to scare you lol.

• Aha sorry 😁. I couldn't remember entering such informations

• It's ok my dear. You get bad experiences but you get good ones too and a gal with such a kind and pure heart as yours will get one guy who'll respect, cherish and love you like the way you are.
    Nothing to worry about. Just enjoy every day Nd live freely. πŸ€—πŸ˜Š

• How do you know that I'm a nice person?
      And thanks 😁 I will consider thinking positive (although it seems unrealistic)

• The fact you're worried about this, means you're good at heart. 😊

• You do become kind of jaded that makes it easier to not fall so quickly or so hard. That is both good and bad. But it's not completely preventable, nor should it be. You will change as you go through life, you won't feel this way forever. There will come a day that you will be glad you couldn't turn it off. In the meantime, go slow, be honest about your interest's faults, and remember that you don't need someone to be happy.

• Men are going their own way and opting out of long term relationships, I don't see why women aren't strong enough to do the same.
    www.foxnews.com/.../why-men-wont-marry.html

• My heart is off right now. I want to be dedicated to a partner to help make replicants.. but the people I like are not really politically available to me, and I have to find someone wealthy because I am so broke... So just get depressed... (No don't).

Have standards and make a. checklist for qualities that you need. For me, if a gal doesn't want to have kids, I won't waste my time with her.

• >Age 17

Oh damn, must be hard

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ says age 19 lmao
      But me too so whatever lol

• πŸ˜‚
      I think it has more to do with maturity or mental age rather than the actual age.

• Your only 17. You have your whole life ahead of you. The heart wants what the heart wants.
    You are going to have heartaches in your life but don't give up. You will find your love when you least expect it. In the meantime, enjoy life. Enjoy your friends. Enjoy your weird sense of humor. Enjoy being you. When that right guy comes along. He will enjoy you being you as much as you enjoy being you.

• What if you felt for someone that liked you back instead?

• There is no guy that likes me and I would have noticed it. I'm very good at spoting people in love

• Your antecessors have been procreating for eons. Why do you think it would be different for you?

• Get thee to a nunnery

• Unfortunatly there's no way for us to shut our hearts off. Love is a human state of mind and its a thing craved by all that is hard to get.

• Be a robot.

• love you ❀️

• Nope

• I feel you my friend, i know this feeling far top well. I didn't have any female friends until like 8th grade and i never cared, even today if i have a crush on someone, it goes by after only a few days. you're not alone

• Don't you want it to stop?

• Gaming may often be competetive, but it's still everything just for fun, so don't worry

• I guess you're right 😁

• Become a nun... or major in gender studies

• What do you do in gender sudies?

• Forgot to say the possible side effect is becoming a lesbian :/

• i think that won't happen 😁

• Don't get involved

• I don't know tbh...
    Good luck, I don't know how to support you

• Many others helped me already. I will try to stay positiv and maybe after some time I'll get less shy and feel more comfortable around guys 😊

• I don't know why people feel the need to post a response that just says I don't know, lol. But your reply is great, you already know how to move forward here. Time heals all :)

• I plan on it.

• Just get a really big jar of nutella and be at peace...

• I does have a chance bit I don't know

What Girls Said 1

• Never leave your house