Ex broke up with me two days ago and just called! How to handle?

We weren't together very long but it was intense - together all the time, awesome sex, we were always laughing and having a good time. We had even talked marriage. The other day we were drunk and got into a huge fight! He broke up with me and took all of his stuff out of my house, and even called me a lunatic. But tonight he called me. Wtf? Should I ignore him? Call him back? Make him sweat? Any and all advice appreciated.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Hm, it seems like quite a lot to call you a lunatic, breakup with you, and remove all his stuff from the house. Only to call 2 days later.

Why not just storm off mad or say he need some time to think. He's an excessive mate. Well you say all was good before this incident, so maybe a 2nd chance is in order.

But just take into account how irrational and excessive he was for an argument.

• How long before I respond? Or should I wait for him to reach out again?

• I don't think it's at the level where you need t o make him sweat by delaying a phone call back or making him double/triple call or anything.

Just call him back and talk about what happened, and see where he's coming from. What made him go off like that and if he's apologetic in any way. But he made you happy before then so just call him back. No delay games needed in this case in my opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• If you were both hammered, I'd cut him some slack. We've all done things we really regret while drunk. He's an imperfect person just like the rest of us. If that's an isolated incident and he is sincere about wanting to get back together then I'd give him another chance. I would make it a condition that he drink less though.

• Does this guy add or remove from your life?

• Definitely added. Outside of this incident, was so fun, charming, kind, romantic etc. it honestly felt I'd met my match.

• Do you usually fight?

• Challenge him to an arm wrestling match.

What Girls Said 2

• Call him back now

• Ignore him, he's just playing childish little games

• Ignore him forever? We had a really great thing going, the fight was really unusual.

• if It was a casual fight then talk to him but if it was serious then don't.