How do men deal with rejection/did I break his heart?

I'm not going to give all the full details, but basically I told my friend that some of the feelings I had for him have faded. He has been pretty short in his responses to me and when I asked him if I hurt him, he never replied. Then I tried to reach out again to remind him that I care about him and want him in my life, he still just ignored it. Should i worry about him ever talking to me again, or did I break his heart? I know guys and girls are different when it comes to this stuff

07

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends where he's at in life. I think every guy will have a few rejections that really hurt him. Especially if it's been one where he's gotten his hopes up and put in effort. I suspect that could be the case with this guy.

However don't worry, that's life. He'll get over it and he may well be prepared to be friends with you afterwards. But he's probably hurting now and the best thing you can do for him is give him space.

I'm at a point now where I couldn't care less about rejection. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. However this is after time. When I was younger I had a big rejection, she basically lost interest, and I bawled my eyes out, lol. But it took situations like that to get to the point I'm at now, and I'm thankful for that.

What Guys Said 6

• Let`s put it this way, if clara, the girl i had a crush on in 8th grade (reaaaaly loved her) told me anything of the sort i`d be not only speechless but whouldn`t be able to study for like a month, it whould literally have resulted in a LOT of hours of crying. Even writing her a deep message at the end of 8th grade saying i loved her made me cry for 3 hours while writing and after.

• He sounds like me. If someone breaks up with me I cut them out of my life because I'm bitter about it.

Just leave him alone, he doesn't see you as an ally anymore but more of an enemy.

• U just friendzoned him, its hurtful and an insulting to some while not bother others. id forget u ever existed and move on, him, I don't know. if u were his friend u should already know his moods and views.

• Some guys don't want to suck it up and move on

• He will never talk to you about it!

• I'll just speak with my experience. If I get dumped in a relationship and I already tried everything to make it work again, then I would try my very best to forget about the girl. I know it's over but my feelings are there. If I see you or talk to you, it's harder to move on. Just leave him alone. Trying to be friends with him after a failed relationship is being selfish on your part. He won't be your friend if he truly liked you during the relationship you ended.

What Girls Said 0