Is it OK to try and talk to him?

My ex and I had a fall out. He never apologized for what he did and it just escalated. It was a long time ago, and I'm over it. We've had fights before but never this bad.

We were friends before we dated, and I kind of miss having him around. I know he feels guilty, but then again, it's not like he apologized anyway. But then I don't know if I'm the one who needs to apologize first.

Would it be too weird to talk to him after all this time? How would you react?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• i know it sounds cliche but time does indeed heal all wounds the interesting things is that youhave to want to heal in order to heal.im not suggesting you kiss his ass female always like to make peace and make up females are peacemakers by nature if you think it would help do appolgize but at some point you will have to question his loyality to the friendship my father is the same way getting a I'm sorry is like pulling teeth. honestly you seem to be the only adult because you are will to take responsibility for your action the question remains will he ever take respondsibility for his

What Guys Said 1

• It really depends. I don't know the whole situation for why you two aren't talking but consider that by talking to him you might be letting him off a little too. At the same time, time heals a lot of wounds.

link

What Girls Said 2

• I agree...if it is really bothering...and you think enough time has pasted then talk to him...just keep it casual...hey stranger how you doing? ...keep it simple. I think you know him better than anyone on this website so you will be able to tell right away if this is something you want to continue doing or if you feel it is better left alone...just follow what you think your body is telling you when your talking to him if you are getting anxious and feel like he could care less...then go with that and stop talking to him and realize it should be left alone...but if you feel happy and he seems interested in what you are talking about then you will know how to proceed.

• I think for the most part, you have unfinished business with him and haven't gotten any closure, that is why you are feeling this way.

If, for whatever the reason, he hasn't apologised to you for what he did, you must have lost trust in him to some point or the fact that he doesn't respect your feelings, then I would actually leave it be and move on.

You will have to find your own closure on this, look at trust, respect issues, as they are part of the foundations of any relationship and once they are gone or tarnished they cannot be recovered.

I would not contact him. Move on. Just go and enjoy yourself and leave him in the past.