Is college my last chance to find someone?

I've heard it's hard to find someone once you graduate, and I know so many people who are dating or married. Very few single people under the age of 20. So is college pretty much my last shot?

Just wondering if some of it has to do with where I go to school. I attend a small state liberal arts college in the midwest with 4000 kids and I know plenty of people who are my age getting married, and some younger. Could that have something to dowithit

73

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I never went to college with any expectation of finding "the one." Most people I know aren't in serious relationships and aren't freaking out about never getting married. Most people I know have no desire to be married anytime soon either. I'm not expecting to settle down with someone and get married for another 5 or 6 years and I honestly always figured if I met someone it'd be in grad school. I figure by then our goals would be similar, if we aren't financially stable we would hopefully be soon after graduating, and by then we'd both be done going out all the time and ready to settle down. I have a friend that's getting married in decemeber but she's always been the type to stay at home more than go out and she's always taken really good care of her boyfriends (guys who were like her and liked to have a good time but never really felt the need to go out all the time). If I graduate single, which I probably would, I'm not gonna hit the panic button and start putting a profile up on every online dating site there is.

What Girls Said 6

• I disagree. Granted I go to a huge college, but a ton of people at my school don't even want to think about dating until after graduation. It's just too much fun with so many people to be settled down right now. That's not to say people don't date or fall in love in college, but I know plenty more people who want to be single and have fun until after they graduate.

• Yes the small school definitely has something to do with it. I went to a tiny high school in which most of my classmates are now married or pregnant. When I got to my college though (over 50,000 students) I don't know a single person who's married or with kids. I know one engaged couple and that's about it.

• Bullsh*t to finding someone in my college. I go to fashion school and everyone is a girl or gay. You tend to get guy deprived. The girls that go to my school and have a boyfriend are complaining that they don't have a boyfriend and that they don't have time for them. You can meet someone anywhere, I met a guy I like in the most random way possible.

• Not really, there is jobs, and social gatherings and such, you will find someone (: There is a person for everyone I'd like to think.

• no there's always eharmony.lol and public socail settings like clubs, bars, ect.

• I always believe college / university is the best place and time to find a boy friend. but it depends on the nature of your job. if you are working in a women dominant working environment, chances of meeting your Mr Right would be slim..

• Nope, I never met anyone in college but am currently going strong with a guy I met on OK cupid.

What Guys Said 3

• I can't stand college students. They're so disconnected from the real world, are almost always far less mature than they think they are, and are usually very close-minded despite thinking that academia makes them open-minded.

If college was the last place for me to find a woman, I'd gladly accept being alone for the rest of my days.

• That's pretty amazingly narrow-minded of you, to summarize all college students with 1 paragraph.

In fact that entire post was pretty ironic.

• I'm too tired of writing "most" and "usually" and "often" and "almost" every time I'm speaking in generalities.

• It's the last chance to find someone in the way that most people are used to at our age. School is a place where we have to be in the same place with a girl, we have obvious conversation starters like school, work, or gossip. When we are all in the same place like we are all throughout our school years, being away from that probably sets people back to basic dating skills. I know that it's something that I'm not looking forward to because I haven't even learned dating and all that right now. So later on after we've graduated, we don't have the luxury of having a reason to be around a girl. After that you either have to be good at socializing, or be good at connecting with an otherwise stranger.

So yeah, I don't think college is the last chance in the world. But I'm sure it does certainly get harder than what we may be used to right now.

On a side note, I feel your pain lol

• Nope. Patience. There's always someone. My grandfather is 68. He started dating a lady about 2 years ago. I laugh every time I think about it.

• Great for your granddad, but I assume he had been married before (or else you wouldn't exist). It's just I've never dated, and I've only asked out two girls and got rejected by one, and had a bad first date if you could even call it that. I'm just frustrated.

• Don't give up so easily

• Thats adorable.