Should I tell my ex I'm transferring to a college across the country/going home?

angelofthemorning
We dated for 6 months, and I broke up with him because it was really toxic. He was controlling and mean and immature and I never felt comfortable around him, but I went against my gut feeling and was kind of sick because of it. He doesn't know that though, and he really liked me.

I think because I didn't belong here and was homesick, I couldn't see anything clearly. I didn't even like him, he was depressed and sucked all my happiness that I had left in me from this depressing place. Yet he reminded me of someone in my family. There is a side of me though that still is obsessed with him, but I'm really healing from it recently, and valuing myself more. Anyways, it was obviously a very unhealthy situation.

I'm transferring colleges close to my home, completely on the other side of the country. But we live on the same floor this year and I feel like he needs to know for some reason.

I'm afraid though that I'm going to regret telling him because I'm gonna say the wrong thing or he's going to respond in a way that I will think about for days... which will suck because I'm just starting to get him out of my head and focus on myself. But I'm also afraid that if I don't tell him, Im going to just be waiting for him to figure out and text me (because he inevitably will), and I kind of want closure.

But I don't know what to say to him, and how (unblock him from text and message him, just knock on his door and tell him, text if he's available to talk in person...).
4
1