Should I make my social media private due to ex?

He ended up blocking me even though I quit talking to him. I was gonna block him but figured I’d stand strong and not do it. This is instagram so it’s not like I can block him back. I feel so powerless so wanted someone’s opinion. Should I make my profile private in case he ever gets the urge to look at my page? Almost like taking the power back? Any opinions? I just feel... dumb. I wish i would have just blocked him first but felt like that would have been too dramatic. Not anymore.

715

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't be dramatic or wrong. Just not neccesary. I would say just not block them if just for the simple fact that if you decide later that you made the wrong decision, you don't have to be bothered with unblocking them. But if he starts harrassing or stalking you, then yeah, definitely block them

• I’ve decided to just show I’m he bigger person and not make my profile private. It’ll show idgad.. even if I do. Thank u!!

• Your welcome! I can understand how it is though. I think lots of people have had to go through the same thing. I know I did

• Thanks 🙏

Most Helpful Girl

• This depends on the situation. If you fear him knowing about your life, then make it private. If what you're feeling is more along the lines of anger, resentment or anything other than fear, then leave it as it is. Being able to show that you've moved on with happier pictures is more mature. But as I said before, if you have sincerely fear that he will use those pictures against you and/or find you, and you cannot block him, then make it private. This is coming from someone who has experienced fear of an ex and chose to block on Facebook but keep Instagram open.

• OOOh yesss I’ve had one of those. No it was just like a pride thing like he had the power cuz he could see mine profile but I couldn’t see his (not that I wanted to)... but think if I put it on private I’ll just stoop to his level and show my true colors. I wanna show him strength and how he’s not on my level. Thanks girlie!!

What Guys Said 14

• Change your name on the profile they won't be able to find you if they tried. You may become friends again but while you are going through the in between stages only you know the answer

• That’s a really good idea!! I’m going to go with ur answer!!

• Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!

• Its fucking social media. Don't give it any importance. Just move on.

• Why..

• Just so he won’t see my page if he ever got the urge to. Like I said before I was consinplatin blocking him but didn’t after all. Not gonna turn mines to private just wanted opinions

• 😊😊

• 😀😀😀

• You have the answer. He is your ex. Nothing he does from now on should have any impact on your life. Be happy. Be free. Move on

• Thank u 😘

• Yes I agree. I hold no ill will towards just was a privacy issue. But o well fuck em lol

• No no, no fucking him lol

• If he is stalking and volgerizing

• He blocked you, he doesn't give a fuck.

• Lol then he wouldn’t have blocked me lol dumbass

• TL:DR
      You really think you know people, do you. Keep thinking that way. The only angry people here is you. Enjoy you Saturday.

• Always acting as if you do not care and stuff. Yeah right. Common people. The ships follow each others!!! Always

• Yes!

• you can just block him hon.. no need to being all secretive

• If you feel like blocking him, just block him, no need to overthink about it. It's your life, and you're the sole owner of it

• No I can’t block him back but I’ve decided to leave my profile public still 😊 i need to just let it be and let him be the childish angry one. He blocked me because we broke up. Guess he was angry I cut him off.

• No you should not

• You can put a symbol in your name. That makes it hard to come across

• I’ve changed my name so I won’t be found if searched! :-) I know a lot of people that do that on a regular basis so it won’t look out of the ordinary. I don't know why I didn’t think about that!! Lol I work too many hours 😟 thank you!!!😘

• It's cool dude. Best of luck. Enjoy your privacy

• Thank u!

• If he blocked you. Block him. Be strong

• I can’t block him if he blocked me. Plus too it’s petty to block someone out of emotion. I’m thinking he did it just to move on (selfish reasons) so whatever can help him do that. Just didn’t like the fact he could see my profile u know.. But I changed my username so I won’t be found if searched.

• 😊thanks

• No problem. Im here to help

• LOL, social media, LMAO

What Girls Said 6

• Why bother! I would just leave it alone

• Yeah

• Really? I just don’t want to seem childish like him u know. Maybe I will... thanks 😌

• Thank u sooooooo much!! Best answer 😊😊

• Glad to help :)

• If you feel that your ex is a threat or will be spying on you then yes, make everything private

• Why would you ever allow someone to control your thoughts and actions?

• Power games are for insecure people. Move on and don’t give a f*!

• Thanks girl :-) That’s why I decided to not block him... then he did lol

• Yeah make it private