Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone / letting someone go?

Why or why not?

• Yes
  • No

179

Most Helpful Guy

• A break up is a break up. I had 1 in debt. Im in a new relationship. She knew about this debt from 8 years ago. She did effort but i wanted her to save more. She was complaining such and such. when I've raised up the amount she said loves she sure we'll be together. Said that i dont want to help her yet she knew i was going to pay for greencard not for her debt. Last time was June 29th. She said shell contact me on July 31 never did after she said i love you your alena. When i tormented about her debt she knew and shouldve. Handle it beforehand as i explained to her so no i don't regret eventhough she put efforts. But coming in a relationship with a debt that you knew is a regret because debts can ruin relationships. Make a person have other opportunities out there. That goes for both sexes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not yet. Sometimes we have nothing in common or vastly different core values, sometimes I'm completely unattracted to the guy, for a year and 1/2 I was struggling with my self-worth, life goals, and depression. I think I made the right choice when it came to breakups and rejections (even w/ guys I wanted to be with). It wouldn't have been right to start up relationships at a point where I was so full of self-hate (if I'm completely honest) or when I didn't feel the same way about those guys.

I'm only 19 so I may still meet "that one that got away" lol

What Guys Said 8

• Of all the women I have been with only two actually still hold my heart. One is now married and the other lives over 1,300 miles from here. It has been years since seeing them. I occasionally exchange email with the one who is distant from here.

Oh, the wisdom in 20/20 hindsight...

• Nope. I only choose to break up after I've exhausted all other options. So if I'm breaking up with someone I've put a lot of thought into it.

• Nope, if it was worth the hurt, it was definitely necessary

• Yeah, especially because it wasn't even my fault. I mean... it was... but it wasn't... if that makes sense. Like It was totally my bad that the situation happened to begin with, but she totally overreacted.

• This girl when I was in 9th grade. She would keep dropping signals and looking at me and sometimes even initiating a convo. But at that time I had crush on her friend. Later I realised that she was a much nicer and better girl than her friend.

• Not breaking up, but there are a few girls that I regret letting them slip through my fingers.

• i mean i this about them from time to time, then i remember what happened and i said f*** them

• Its being over 2years still trying to seek her forgiveness

What Girls Said 16

• I was recently told he needed a break to think. I had been thinking about breaking it off 3 times in 2 years but he beat me to it. He cheated and was always fooling around. He hurt me by making me feel alone in this relationship. Towards the end he was distant, less I love yous, no effort to see me etc. I was a great gf-kind, giving, honest, loyal, loving and I always gave him distance to do his thing. He says he loves me and that it is only a break. Its been a month since we last saw each other and almost a week since we last texted. I don't know since I've never had a break in a relationship.

• No, I only regret not making the move on guys I knew liked me but was too afraid to step forward.

• Yep! But there's nothing we could do. It hurts to be with him but it also hurts to be without him. He's the love of my life and I want to be committed to him, but we both live in two separate states and it makes it really hard.

• I've only been in 2 relationships. My current and my ex. No regrets at all with my ex. None.

• Never

• Yes - 50% All male
    No - 50% All female

Interesting response!

I personally haven't.

• Nope never.

• I regret letting him go.. I literally can't live without him. Some sort of emotional connections are far better than physical affairs. And we shared both of them well for two years and I did a mistake and he left me. Deserted me.

• OMG!
      I though my friend is only one but you too!
      She got approached by a guy she liked, but she blew him off hoping he will come running after her like most other guys. He didn't, he walked away. She didn't even know his name, she just had a chat with him for 1 minute.

It's been 2 years, she still experiences panic attacks, anxiety, depression. She says he was her soulmate and she let him go.
      I asked why did you let him go, why didn't you talk to him, she said she didn't realise it back then but can't live without him.
      Women are weird.

• I did at first.. but after awhile just realised it was the best thing for both of us and now he is just a part of my past.

• No. I've broken up with guys for very good reasons

• No, I haven't. If I break up with someone, it's for a good reason.

• I regret breaking up with my first girlfriend because she was the nicest girl I ever had.

• i broke up with my first boyfriend, he is now a doctor.

• No they've all been horrible one way or another.

• Never

• When I broke up with the only person I loved I felt sad and different for a really long time and now I'm afraid to love again. I regret it every night to