Who here as parents who are divorced?

Is so. How old were you?

I was 6 when my parents got divorced and now it's just me and my mom and my gma.

918

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure you still have your dad if you want who no matter what he did it's your choice to be at his life whether you like them or hate him you still your dad and whatever you do don't pick sides I'll Parents try to get you to be on one side of the other my parents we're divorced when I was 2 my mom remarried had a stepdad that I thought was my real dad till I was 5 they got a divorce when I was 10 I didn't meet my real dad until I was 27 but I've been on my own since I was 15 and a half and you know what I love every minute of it all that did I just said above that's their problem not mine I found myself I know who I want to be and I know who I am the past is the past Let It Go focus on today your smile and your goals and who you want to be

• I don't want my dad. I don't care about him at all. I want him dead

• 4d

I was 2. So I was too young to understand it because I didn't know about it LOL but when I was five my cousins came to see us from California and I'll never forget that morning came into my room to wake me up and told me that my step dad was not my real dad that my mom has been a lot of boyfriends lol of course I cried and went and told my mom and dad but my cousin was saying so then they told me the truth and from that day on I was pissed off and as I was on the search for my real dad and then when I was 10 they got a divorce and my step dad told me I was down the man of the house what you should never do and my mom is my brothers and sister we moved away and it was until I was 27th until I got to meet my real father

• 4d

The thing that I noticed at 11 and 12 was my step dad's and my mom they would try to pull us or persuade us to live with them by talking crap about the other and I'm glad I noticed it it was smart enough to understand what was going on through the manipulation of hurting the other

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 13 or 14. I lived with my dad after the divorce, but we still got together as a family every week, when I still lived in the same city. Now I don't anymore, so we don't see so often, but my parents are still good friends. My parents never fought, my mom had just fallen out of love and my dad's mother's disapproval of her had worn her down.

What Guys Said 17

• I was 11 when my parents divorced, it was a turbulent time but i adapted.

• Mine are. They split when I was like 5 or so.

• I was a baby when mine split up. I never really met my father, but I had more than enough father figures :)

• Never did officially divorce, but separated when I was 12(ish)

• mine aren't. I would have preferred divorce, I would have preferred to see my dad walk away instead of finding my dad in my parents living room/dining room with a belt around his neck.

• My parents were married for one year and divorced shortly after i was born. I was mostly raised my my father.

• Not my case but I wish it was. Is better to have parents divorced than arguing 24/7. T

• Parents divorced when I was two years old. Did the whole, see dad every other weekend thing. Me and him were never close and I'm sure that was why.

• I was 6 too! It made a lot of issues.
    Split custody, I've had to step dad's, one step mom, a lot of half siblings...

• It was really rocky for my mom and I

• That's hard to say.. I liked staying with my dad better, just because of conditions, so I pretty much stoped staying at my mom's all together eventually.
      But I can't say I love her any less

• Nice. I hate my dad

• Nope. My condolences I guess...

• At age 4.

• Damn. Do you remember much?

• And it was my dad who was the asshole

• @Leekenz I was replying to the original comment by @Wwwyzzerdd. Ya my mom is a narcissist, sociopath, bipolar and pathological liar great combo right?

• My parents were devorced my whole life i think

• my mum & dad split like a year after my birth only remember seeing my dad once & I was like 14 or 15 years old, never again seen him

• I was 2

• Mine

• Yes im 28 now 6 when they broke up

• 6 seems to be like an uncommon age for when parents get divorced

• I'm almost 34 and I was 5 years old when they got divorced.

• What was it like when they first got divorce?

• Oh... see I was in third grade when I realized how much of an ass my dad was and how abusive he really was

• Actually I lived with each one of them separately I can't say it was a good experiment as you know there's advantages and disadvantages for any child with divorced parents. Thanks to God that we're still alive and still there's a future waiting for us gonna change any worse moment.

What Girls Said 8

• My dad moved out when I was 17 he stuck around for us kids it was a crazy situation him moving out was the best thing for him and the family. My parents officially divorced a few years ago cause my mom was attempting to get money out of him. My parents never should have married but, my mom trapped my dad and he is a decent guy that stuck around even through the crazy.

• I was 4, best thing they could have done really

• My parents have been divorced since I was two.

• That's not too bad

• Well on the bright side I know it was to be able to support my sister and I. We never minded, we were always surrounded by love

• That's a great thing 😊

• I was around 5 when they got divorced and it was a relief tbh. I love my parents but they just did not work well together.

• I think I was 9.

• Was it a bad one or was it smooth?

• It was pretty smooth, apparently they were separated a while before that. My life didn't change much, everything was basically the same for me.

• That's lucky

• They r still together

• I've lived with my dad the majority of my life. My parents have never been married.

• My parents divorced when I was a baby , according to my mama. and my mom has since remarried.