Excessive Blocking?

I couldn't help the football pun for the title. My ex and I were together 7 years (It would've been 8 years today) we broke up this past Monday and to be honest I'm not exactly sure the reason. We are both 21 and I am a graduate student, he transferred to my university from his community college. The outlook would've been we'd spend the next 2 years at the same university together, our apartments were 5 minutes away from each other, and everything was perfect, especially since we were long distance (about an hour away from each other) for the past 4 years. Well, I got my undergrad at this university, and he came from a community college. The semester started and at one point he stopped going to class, he blamed me, saying I was distracting him. So we made a pact that until semester break I wouldn't spend the night at his place and we'd only hang out at lunch and dinner. We did that for a week and a half and he still did not go to class with me not being there. He continued to blame me and things were sticky for about 3 weeks until this week, I invited him to watch a movie and he promptly broke up with me over text. After one last hookup and getting my things from his place (all on Tuesday), he has since then Blocked me on:Snapchat, facebook, instagram, and twitter. He has also unfollowed my personal blog. Being that 1. we were together a long time, and 2. this wasn't exactly a messy breakup and 3. he was the one to do the breaking up, I don't understand why he would block me like this. I've been crying and very upset about the breakup, but why would he block me like this when I've made no contact with him since the break up?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Seems to me he's either not been honest or faithful when it comes to you for some time. Looks like he was after any excuse he come up with to split, "you're a distraction?" Please, what kinda BS is that. I think there's something (someone) he's interested in and just doesn't want you find out, because he'll look like a bad person for leaving you to be with somebody else, and not have the courage to admit to it.

• Tbh i really dont undestand the guy, he sounds like a slefissh prick, but i shouldn't judge. I feel like now you just dont need to look back and keep going forward, finish your university then let him come crying back to you when you're succesful. Tbh fuck that dumbass you'll be way better without him. And you siad you cried about him... Will you really let some dumbass get in the way of your life? HELL NO! So finish up university and good luck with life, by the way if that scum comes crawling back dont acceot any of his excuses. He made a decision now he has to except the consequences.

• I just find it so odd because I never contacted him after I got my stuff! I literally just looked on my phone and over the course of a few days, he blocked me on everything. I'm not sure about on his people because I haven't called, but after 7 years I find it super odd.

• all of his stuff is also public, so I'd just have to google him to see it anyway

What Girls Said 1

• He has a new girl and he doesn’t want to let you see to avoid hurting you, I think